WSU Versus LMU Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus LMU Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Pehea oukou. The next lollopalooza for our beloved Shocks is in Honolulu, Hawaii. Just so ya'll know, FSF was wound up tighter than a base drum last night and quality sleep was not good but much better than a loss versus Bama would have been. Bama was a tough match up for us but we found a way to win. Won by 1, scored 1 more throw than the Tide, but had 5 more attempts than them. Now we enter the Diamond Head Classic and play Loyola Marymount with our goal to win 3 more games in our quest to also grow as a team. Yes, we will win this game but that is not enough. I predict we will make 74% of our throws (7=4=11) but also shoot 11 more throws than LMU. It's all good. If the world is a stage, then SN is our Forum to share the groovin 3-0 winnings we are longing for at this tourney. We will win by a 22 point surpass. 11+11= 22. U dig?

WSU--------------------------77

Yes lions, no tigers, no bears==55
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; December 17, 2014, 09:26 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

6 days to rest, watch film/learn and shoot free throws will help remedy some of our recent woes. Our guards need to get back to making quick, crisp passes, and being less timid on the perimeter- and I think they will. I also don't think Ron will miss as many threes as he has the past two games. We win comfortably.

Shox 82
    Lions 65

Comment

WSU 88
      LMU 64
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Bo Kimble 60,
        Boo Craft 88

Comment

XMan, first player to lead ncaa in both scoring and rebounding - 68
          Hank Gathers, 2nd player to accomplish such feat - 56

Comment

Hank Gathers lefty free throw 59
            Hank Carr free throw 78
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Shocks will take it to the rim, rebound, hit their 3's, and will win by 20+. If not, we win by 19.

Comment

LMU hung right with Stanford last night despite turning it over 17 times and a FT disparity of 23-6 in favor of Stanford. They out rebounded Stanford by 1 and only made 6 treys.

If the Shocker guards attack the rim and Carter stays out of foul trouble I think WSU eventually pulls away and cruises. If they come out flat again, it will be closer than it should be. LMU relies heavily on G Evan Payne, Cotton will lock him down.

WSU 72
                LMU 56
                -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Comparison from StatSheet

http://
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

This will be a blowout.

Shox - 81
                    Just happy be in Hawaii and not stuck in the LA smog - 53

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      This will be a blowout.

Shox - 81
                      Just happy be in Hawaii and not stuck in the LA smog - 53
                      I look at this whole tournament and it feels weak based on what we've seen out of the field this season. Is this whole tournament going to be a blowout? I'm trying to be realistic, but it really looks like WSU should handle this tournament and have a nice, low-stress vacation :) You hate to say things like this, but this field looks weak. We'd have to really fail to show up in order for me to have to eat my words. The field is more like a bunch of struggling teams who get one last chance at a ranked team before they go into conference play. We better come ready, I guess.

Our side of the bracket: LMU (3-6), Hawaii (7-3), Nebraska (6-3)
                      Other side: DePaul (6-3), GW (6-3), Ohio (3-3), Colorado (6-3)

The records don't look that bad, but it's when you check out the collateral stuff like who the losses came to and by how much.

Mark my words. We will face DePaul in this tournament...
                      Last edited by Dave Stalwart; December 18, 2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

i think we all hope we get Nebraska on Tuesday and Colorado on Christmas...I guess I know how my next week is going to go...ESPNU or ESPN2 baby...

Comment

Paul Miller 80
                          Paul Westhead 66

Comment

Let EW heal. Build a lead and rest key players as much as possible while getting
                            RN, SM, RK, BW, RH, and a couple others some PT. Same thing the next game if
                            possible. Would like to see TC attack the paint a little more and finish when he can
                            or dish/kick out when collapsed on.
                            Last edited by asiseeit; December 18, 2014, 04:21 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

I would not surprise me if EW did not play at all over there.

Comment

Working...
                              X