KGSO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGSO

Listening to Bama pregame talk...these guys are making my ears hurt. Who are these 2 clowns? Seems like KGSO can't keep anyone around. What's going on???

Eh boy. Well, that just hurts.

Comment

I think it was fine...wtf is with all these ultra critical posters lately? Nothing is good enough.

Don't worry KGSO bro, just keep doing what you do and keep refining your craft and growing.
      β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
        I think it was fine...wtf is with all these ultra critical posters lately? Nothing is good enough.

Don't worry KGSO bro, just keep doing what you do and keep refining your craft and growing.
        I agree. Nothing is good enough for some of these folks.

Comment

I will chime in. I liked it when Lucero (dude is solid) was on it, but when this new guy said before the first game he thought Rashard Kelly would redshirt, I knew he had not a clue and hadn't watched any practices. Isn't that kind of your job when you are talking about a team on a pregame show? That is the last time I listened until tonite a bit and then the guy said he had only made it to a few games. That's it for me. Realize you don't get paid squat but pretty sure there are 40 posters on here that could run the show as well or better based on superior knowledge of the program.

So Boston, keep preachin'

Comment

There are a few of the people left at KGSO that I really like (Blake Cripps and Chris Solwecki two name two) but I really liked the tag team of Dan and Alex in the morning and on the shocker pregame show. Those two worked well together. Dan was always very solid (great knowledge, good radio skills, and had solid opinions) and Alex brought a lot of that to the table and managed to not annoy me as a KU guy. I also really liked having people my own age (technically younger by just a couple of years) that love baseball and did a great job with local sports. When Alex left for Topeka I saw the writing on the wall for Dan but I kept listening because he put on a solid show. When they added Solwecki in I figured Dan was out and so it was. I just don't trust a station that keeps an idiot like Savage on after all of these years. (I assume Savage works for next to nothing but I could be way off on that).

So once Dan was done I went back to KNSS in the morning (who I had listened to since '99 before switching to Dan and Alex). Also my commute went from 1hr to 5 minutes last week so I'm not much of a listener anyways. Once Dan brushes himself off from getting blindsided he will be back on the air somewhere. The guy has too much talent.

As for the rest of the guys at KGSO, save for Savage, I feel like they try. They don't phone it in. There has definitely been worse local sports talk. I just feel like the management of KGSO has no clue. I mean, look at their damn website. What the **** is that?

Comment

To me it seemed like there was stability when Allison was around. Now it's just a revolving door of new guys every other month. I agree the new guys are trying but what's with the never ending revolving door? Really, I guess I should direct this criticism towards management. You get what you pay for and if guys are in and out every 60-90 days then your product will suffer. It's really not different than any other workplace.

Comment

Not to mention the morning after Bama barn burner, all I've heard after 2 hours of listening is girls bb updates, Wichita Wild/Force, Newman, Les Eck (hey at least he gives a shout out to WSU and is on discussing a worthy cause), Kstate fb, 2014 top sports headlines...Still not 1 minute on the Tide game.

Comment

Chris was very good. Hard to replace. He also made others around him sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Not to mention the morning after Bama barn burner, all I've heard after 2 hours of listening is girls bb updates, Wichita Wild/Force, Newman, Les Eck (hey at least he gives a shout out to WSU and is on discussing a worthy cause), Kstate fb, 2014 top sports headlines...Still not 1 minute on the Tide game.
                    Again, I'm not listening because I'm not in the car for an hour every morning AND because of Dan but I didn't listen this morning. If Dan had been on air he would have spent most of the 6am hour on it and some in the 7am and hit it hard again at 8. Like I said, he knew how to Radio.

Comment

I knew Chris was gone but what exactly happened? I thought he was KGSO.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        I knew Chris was gone but what exactly happened? I thought he was KGSO.
                        Took a job with ESPN Radio (?) in Charlotte, NC I think.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

who does the talk angry podcasts? i really like those shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Took a job with ESPN Radio (?) in Charlotte, NC I think.
                            Yes.

Eight months after interviewing, Chris Allison has landed the job he wanted. An STAA client, Allison is the new Afternoon Drive co-host at ESPN 730 in Charlotte, NC. In addition to his show, Allison will cover the Carolina Panthers and Charlotte Bobcats, and serve as a marketing representative. The station is similar to the last two where Allison has worked -- KSAL in Salina, KS and Sports Radio KGSO in Wichita

Comment

Allison was the best. He is big time.

Comment

Working...
                              X