Official Detroit discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    But Hall was built like an NFL cornerback, so he had some breadth to make up for his lack of height.
    That's definitely true. Charles Barkley was short, but Carter isn't built like Barkley either.

I just meant height in and of itself isn't enough for us to say Carter is going to struggle in the tournament. I think Carter would do a pretty good job defending someone like Stutz that's 7 feet tall potentially. I don't know if he would do a good job defending a muscular behemoth like Hall even though that person is Carter's height or an inch shorter. I think it's always going to come down to the individual match ups. I don't know that many bigs this year that I think are capable of going off for 30 against us. There might be a handful, I guess, but not a bunch that are a super match up nightmare.

Comment

• i read the game summary at espn.com.

the comments section was very negative about the shockers. generally speaking, the country still doesnt believe in wichita state.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        i read the game summary at espn.com.

the comments section was very negative about the shockers. generally speaking, the country still doesnt believe in wichita state.
        Internet denial. Doubtful its representative of intelligent fans.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• who cares what fans around the country think...their just going to hate, we have proven our self over the yrs we can play with the best. The big question this year is our frontline. I think over time they will show their worth

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
            i read the game summary at espn.com.

The average fan (most KU and UK fans, Duke fans, UNC fans, etc.) will never give Wichita State credit no matter what they do. These are the people that troll the comments section of articles posted on facebook and twitter and just try and get people riled up. If you go on any college basketball basketball message board where the college basketball superfans are, you will find that they absolutely love the Shocks and are well aware of how good we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Internet denial. Doubtful its representative of intelligent fans.
              true enough, they sound like morons for sure. but i still want revenge for that lip. every last drip.

we must knock them out (30-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                In fact, I am not sure X left the same impression as a freshman. He looked promising...
                Having said that I do not expect Rashard to lead the nation in rebounding even once, let alone twice or lead the nation in scoring, but the potential is there to make quite a name for himself..
                Having watched X as a freshman, I agree that he looked promising, but I remember that he also looked pretty raw, especially when trying to shoot from more than about 5-6 feet away. So I checked sports-reference.com and found that as a freshman, X averaged 13.5 minutes/game, 50% on FGs and 63% at the line (which actually dropped to 54% as a soph, by the way -- he was never a reliable foul shooter at WSU), and 5.8 ppg along with 3.7 rpg. Talent, plus huge determination, mental toughness and a ferocious work ethic produced amazing results.

Right now, Kelly is averaging slightly more minutes (no doubt it helps not having Carr and Levingston playing ahead of you), fewer points, and actually MORE rebounds than X did as a freshman. So while he may not necessarily be X2.0, some raw material is definitely there for Rashard.

Comment

Working...
                X