Official Detroit discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Mark Adams compared Rashard Kelly to the X man. A little lofty expectations but he does play similarly.
    There will NEVER be another X, but one can see similarities, yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Mark knows where the bear sits.

Seriously though, didn't he say he was retiring last year, making the game against MSU his last (wanted to leave doing a historic game)? Or am I all wet?

Don't get me wrong, he adores Gregg and WSU so I'm glad he's still working.
      Knows where the bear sits? I'm not familiar with that euphemism.

I follow mark on twitter and have never seen him post anything about retirement. FWIW.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        I actually tried it, doing something totally different than shooting a basketball, and pissed down my leg.
        OK, this made me laugh.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
          OK, this made me laugh.
          That's is only because you are not his leg.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Mark Adams compared Rashard Kelly to the X man. A little lofty expectations but he does play similarly.
            When Baker made a 3 towards the end, one of the announcers said something like "Baker has missed a lot of shots today, but he don't care. He is a gunslinger."

When you need Baker the most, he is a maker, a foes heart-breaker, and our teams shaker. When he got here the first summer, I was proclaiming he was indeed a sharpshooter and solid. However, each and every year he keeps improving his all around game and now basketball fans everywhere knows who he is. I have had 2 KU fans tell me they would trade any guard they have for Baker.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              That's is only because you are not his leg.
              Having a leg called Steeleshocker might make me popular with the ladies.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                Having a leg called Steeleshocker might make me popular with the ladies.
                Wow, look at that!

I know. I call it Steeleshocker.

Comment

• Oh yeah, Rashard Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Oh yeah, Rashard Kelly.
                    I would never name a leg Rashard Kelly, although rumor has it his game resembles the X man.

Comment

• If his progress continues to improve, Kelly could start in place of Wessel at the 4 by Valley time. I love his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                        If his progress continues to improve, Kelly could start in place of Wessel at the 4 by Valley time. I love his game.
                        He doesn't need to start in the Valley, he needs to start by tournament time; and he should be ready.

Comment

• Rashard doesn't necessarily need to start. He needs to play well and give us as many quality minutes as he can. Today Rashard played 21 minutes and Evan played 19 minutes. I don't really care if he starts or not be if he can grow to give us 25 solid minutes a game I think that will be quite satisfactory and he seems to be heading that way.

Rashard is progressing quite nicely. What we really need is for Shaq and Rauno to step up their games as well.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 13, 2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                            I was thinking this might be why he played a little more timid early in the game because he didn't want to get into foul trouble. Once it came to a point that he needed to step up he did, but I'm wondering if the coaches on him about stopping the early fouls has stopped him from playing aggressive early. Just a thought.
                            If it results in double-doubles, then I am fine with this approach.
                            On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

• Dog fight today, Detroit has some good talent,athletic and with some good shooters. They were hitting some threes and Howard had a great game. But the way we came back over the last 10min, I was impressed, we just dont get rattled and seem to find away to win, like we have anotheir gear we put it into.Kelly by far has been our most impressive and consistent Freshman. I think before he's done he will have a great career here. Really shooting wise our big 3, Fred, Ron and Tekale had an off night shooting and we still won on the road by 9, not bad. Free-throw shooting is really my only concern right now, need to improve or it will bite us down the road. I like the way our freshmen are progressing, frustrating sometime but the talent is there.Carter like we all know, he's capable of double-doubles as long as he can stay out of foul trouble, what a second. half....Shaq didnt really get alot of offensive opportunities, but he didnt hurt us and he is improving. Back court is going to be Carter and committee, mainly Kelly and Morris with a little Nurger thrown in.....Good win, any win on the road is a good win..

Comment

• I've already commented on Kelly's progress but lets not forget that EW had another solid
                                game. He plays angry and makes few mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X