Official Detroit discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
    I saw that they had Kelly as 1/2 from 3 during the game and I don't remember him taking a 2nd either, certainly could be a mistake.
    I thought he missed one earlier, but wil check ply-by-play. It says he missed at 12:18 with WSU leading 18-9
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Great road win. It was tough to watch when most of the newcomers were in the game (minus Kelly). One or two of those guys really need to step up to provide us some depth as we progress this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
        Great road win. It was tough to watch when most of the newcomers were in the game (minus Kelly). One or two of those guys really need to step up to provide us some depth as we progress this season.
        Kelly is going to be fun to watch
        On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

I saw that they had Kelly as 1/2 from 3 during the game and I don't remember him taking a 2nd either, certainly could be a mistake.
          He had a miss in the first half from the left side as the shot clock was running down.

12:22 of the first half.
          Play-by-play action for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Detroit Mercy Titans NCAAM game from December 13, 2014 on ESPN.

Comment

• Originally posted by BikeIdiot View Post
            Kelly is going to be fun to watch
            I look for Kelly to have at least one double-double before the season is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              Cotton's fingers are definitely still impacting his shooting.
              This. Go tape your finger with a splint type apparatus that doubles it in size and tell me how well you shoot it. I will have this and much more in my after action report tomorrow night when I get back

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                I look for Kelly to have at least one double-double before the season is over.
                Yes!
                Livin the dream

Comment

Carter with just four fouls in his last three games.
                  I was thinking this might be why he played a little more timid early in the game because he didn't want to get into foul trouble. Once it came to a point that he needed to step up he did, but I'm wondering if the coaches on him about stopping the early fouls has stopped him from playing aggressive early. Just a thought.
                  I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                  If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    This. Go tape your finger with a splint type apparatus that doubles it in size and tell me how well you shoot it. I will have this and much more in my after action report tomorrow night when I get back
                    I actually tried it, doing something totally different than shooting a basketball, and pissed down my leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      He had a miss in the first half from the left side as the shot clock was running down.

12:22 of the first half.
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/playby...meId=400586360
                      Thanks, I must have been fixing a drink or something and missed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                        I was thinking this might be why he played a little more timid early in the game because he didn't want to get into foul trouble. Once it came to a point that he needed to step up he did, but I'm wondering if the coaches on him about stopping the early fouls has stopped him from playing aggressive early. Just a thought.
                        The theory is solid, but there was an Eagle article that said the opposite. He believes his foul troubles were due to playing to timid.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Mark Adams compared Rashard Kelly to the X man. A little lofty expectations but he does play similarly.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            Mark Adams compared Rashard Kelly to the X man. A little lofty expectations but he does play similarly.
                            Yeah, I believe he compared him to X when he was a freshman. Both are similar and have a knack for getting to the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              Mark Adams compared Rashard Kelly to the X man. A little lofty expectations but he does play similarly.
                              He's been reading Shockernet.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                                He's been reading Shockernet.
                                Mark knows where the bear sits.

Seriously though, didn't he say he was retiring last year, making the game against MSU his last (wanted to leave doing a historic game)? Or am I all wet?

Don't get me wrong, he adores Gregg and WSU so I'm glad he's still working.

Comment

Working...
                                X