No announcement yet.

Official Detroit discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I dream that Kelly and Carter shot 100% from 3?
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
      Did I dream that Kelly and Carter shot 100% from 3?
      Yes, it was only a dream. But 67% is still pretty good (2-3).

Comment

• We need more depth. Most of them are not ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          We made our last 7 free throws.
          Winning time.

Comment

• SM and RN just need to play angrier while they are in there. Love the full court press that
            brought us back against both Utah and today !

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              We need more depth. Most of them are not ready.
              difficult to watch.

but marshall will do what he has to do to get wins from this years team.. total faith, he will come up with something- push here, pull there

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Yes, it was only a dream. But 67% is still pretty good (2-3).
                Hmmmmmmmm. Don't remember Kelly taking 2 threes but that's what the boxscore shows.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Hearing Fred's stats, I have to disagree with my comments on Fred.
                  Fred had two turnovers. Baker 7 assists, 1 turnover.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• It's a popular thought on here that Darius is too small and will be a liability against elite teams. I don't agree with that. Darius's wingspan is over 7 feet. There have been a few NBA teams in the last few years that have started 6'7" power forwards who didn't have the wingspan Darius does. Against Utah he had foul trouble. And his height is certainly something he would have to learn to work with, I'm not saying he's going to be a starter in the NBA. I just think he can be a really really great college player. If he starts averaging a double double, look out.

Darius breaking out for us can be huge and can mean the difference between leaving the tournament the first weekend or going deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Fred had two turnovers. Baker 7 assists, 1 turnover.
                      Really? The ESPN box score says Baker only has three assists and FVV had 7. It also says FVV had 8 rebounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                        Really? The ESPN box score says Baker only has three assists and FVV had 7. It also says FVV had 8 rebounds.
                        Sorry Baker had 3 assists, 7 rebounds. My bad.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Comments from AZ

Sure am glad I cud track game today via SN. Sports bars not open yet in AZ due to 2 hr time some difference. I also had coverage on my iPhone via a a Sports Center app. It was pretty worrisome with 12 min's left & the Shox down by 10 pts!

Comment

• Rough Game, showed some of our weaknesses as well many of our strengths Good Road Win against a tough team
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              Sure he can improve his FG%, but todays line, 11 points, 7-8 FT, 8 rebounds and seven assists. Haven't accessed turnovers yet. From a point guard with very good support players, this is EXCELLENT.
                              Absolutely. He's in a shooting funk, but he's so smart and talented overall that he easily makes up for that across the board.

My only point is that I'm not worried about FVV shooting 37.6% for the entire season, and 23.3% from three, which are his current averages. That's a major shooting slump for him, but one he's bound to snap out of.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                Hmmmmmmmm. Don't remember Kelly taking 2 threes but that's what the boxscore shows.
                                I saw that they had Kelly as 1/2 from 3 during the game and I don't remember him taking a 2nd either, certainly could be a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X