Free Throws 16-25 (.640) 7-10 (.700)
    Rebounds 18-43 9-35
    Assists 13 12
    Steals 9 5
    Blocks 0 4
    Turnovers 10 13
    Fouls 11 22
    Largest Lead - -
    Guess it's easy to see exactly where the 9 point win came from. Don't see that very often on the road.
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
      Carter with just four fouls in his last three games.
      BINGO!!!!!!! That has been his best stat the last three games. Obviously he's been playing really good and is moving into that beast mode, but it doesn't make any difference how good your play is, if you're sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
        Carter with just four fouls in his last three games.
        I give him props for that!!!
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• We were just toying with them? No, they had us down by 10. They made some good runs but we did not crumble like a stale cookie but rather counter punched them like Sugar Ray,, picked up on D like rock stars, and cleaned up the glass, and finally made throws at the end. We have 8 new players and are learning together how to face adversity. Mr Carter, as so many Juco transfers their Senior year here, is saving his best for last and growing as a player which is what we do. This was an excellent lesson of what can and will happen on the road and we did not give up when down by 10, and are homeward bound with a win under our belt.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Find out whatever it is that pisses DC off and bottle it. He was so passive for nearly thirty
            minutes and then exploded. Kelly was big again today when we were struggling. He is
            going to be very good down the road.

Comment

• I love "learning" games that end with a win.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by GarH View Post
                BINGO!!!!!!! That has been his best stat the last three games. Obviously he's been playing really good and is moving into that beast mode, but it doesn't make any difference how good your play is, if you're sitting on the bench in foul trouble.
                The 2nd half today without Carters production would have been so ugly, we would have had to sneak up on a glass of wata to get a drink. Speaking of water, Cotton's 3 was huge as though he had a lemon but turned it into a twist of refreshing lemonade when you felt parched.. Can u dig it? Grooovy. The 2nd half was the best Carter has played, even better that last game which was his best game as a Shocker. u like?
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• -I am so happy to come out with a win in this one
                  -Road win = great win
                  -nobody played a perfect game (Rashard was the closest, relative to his season) but just about everyone who played contributed in some way.
                  -Darius has to be stronger/smarter around the basket at times but without him I don't think we win the game.
                  -I didn't want Baker to come out of the game in the second half
                  -I didn't want to see VanVleet on the floor in the second half. That is a complete over exaggeration but he didn't seem to have a good game. I like his production from the line.
                  -Fred will finish better around the basket in the future.
                  -I feel like he's been on the brink but what a game from Rashard.
                  -can't say how good it is to get this win. Detroit played a good game but the shockers were just a bit tougher. This should make us better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    Grabbed lunch over halftime, and we were down by 10 when I got back. And then it was down to 4 before I could even get nervous.

Howard played a good game. Off night from 3, but our FT shooting is a long term issue now.

I'm not worried about this team getting out of their FT shooting funk or FVV breaking out of his own funk. Definitely would like to see more production from the bench, though. And Carter has to stay out of foul trouble, because this is the Carter we need to dominate.
                    Sure he can improve his FG%, but todays line, 11 points, 7-8 FT, 8 rebounds and seven assists. Haven't accessed turnovers yet. From a point guard with very good support players, this is EXCELLENT.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• detroit is doing something under mcallum.. lotta' respect for that man.

i thought wsu could have a battle on their hands at uni, speaking of the valley, but i was wrong: they will get battle tetsed at uni, ue, ilsu and a couple of others

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        The 2nd half today without Carters production would have been so ugly, we would have had to sneak up on a glass of wata to get a drink. Speaking of water, Cotton's 3 was huge as though he had a lemon but turned it into a twist of refreshing lemonade when you felt parched.. Can u dig it? Grooovy. The 2nd half was the best Carter has played, even better that last game which was his best game as a Shocker. u like?
                        Somewhat reminiscent of past games where CLE frustrated us for 30 minutes only to take over at the end. This HAS to be a trend for us to maintain our level of performance compared to the past two years...

GO SHOX!!!
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Detriot will be good this year. They have good athletes and a pretty good coach.

I saw an interview with Ray Mccallum leading up to this game. He seems like a well-spoken man. I wish them nothing but the best of luck.
                          The Assman

Comment

• We refuse to lose! Good finish.

Comment

• Also, I am very proud of how Darius responded in the second half.

He had his struggles early on, but was most likely the sole reason WSU was able to pull off this road win.

Way to go big fella!
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                -I am so happy to come out with a win in this one
                                -Road win = great win
                                -nobody played a perfect game (Rashard was the closest, relative to his season) but just about everyone who played contributed in some way.
                                -Darius has to be stronger/smarter around the basket at times but without him I don't think we win the game.
                                -I didn't want Baker to come out of the game in the second half
                                -I didn't want to see VanVleet on the floor in the second half. That is a complete over exaggeration but he didn't seem to have a good game. I like his production from the line.
                                -Fred will finish better around the basket in the future.
                                -I feel like he's been on the brink but what a game from Rashard.
                                -can't say how good it is to get this win. Detroit played a good game but the shockers were just a bit tougher. This should make us better.
                                Hearing Fred's stats, I have to disagree with my comments on Fred.

Comment

Working...
                                X