Zach Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Brown

Zach Brown seem to be coming around. At least he looked pretty good against Newman. It occured to me that of the new comers he has played point guard against a higher level of competition than any of the others.

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
    Zach Brown seem to be coming around. At least he looked pretty good against Newman. It occured to me that of the new comers he has played point guard against a higher level of competition than any of the others.
    I think that of all the new recruits, most Shocker fans were the most excited by the arrival of Zach. He's a 6-6, strong, athletic wing with some ball handling and passing skills that shoots the deep 3! With Cotton, Baker, and Wessel playing his position (not to mention Henderson and Holland stealing minutes) it's easy to see why his minutes are limited. There are some good players coming in behind him, but I think he's going to find his role on this team next year, and it will be a big one!
    Livin the dream

Comment

I think that we fans are just used to seeing frosh contribute right away. This was due to the ever increasing quality of each recruiting class. Now, however, we are at a point where we have such quality upperclassmen that it means freshman play the # of minutes as, well, freshman normally do.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

A friend of mine who is always less than impressed with the recruits we have had told me he was actually very impressed with the young men we have especially the new ones. Just about ran for shelter at those remarks.

Comment

Some players burst on the scene. I thought Ron Baker was a stud at Shocker Madness his RS year. Fred took half a year to really start showing me what he was about. I don't remember thinking that Tekele would turn into the player he's become anytime during his freshman year. I think Zach is going to be one of those players where improvement is gradual. One of those where you go "when did he become so good". We will be glad that Zach is a Shocker in due time.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

We can all beat around the bush... But lots of our current roster is not coming back next year

Comment

you have the tact of a school bus fire

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                We can all beat around the bush... But lots of our current roster is not coming back next year
                We know at least 4 aren't coming back. At least not without paying their own way.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                  Zach May or may not be back next year, but that's not why I replied to the thread.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I thought Zack Brown was a highly rated recruit???
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        you have the tact of a school bus fire
                        School bus catches on fire: http://youtu.be/ksXI2tK16Dg

Comment

The part of you that thinks "this thread is complimenting an emerging young player, maybe i shouldn't take a giant retarded dump in it" is turned off at the moment. Please turn it back on.

Comment

How about enjoying this team and having a fun year. We have lot of talent on the bench and I'm looking forward to see how it develops. Next year is next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              The part of you that thinks "this thread is complimenting an emerging young player, maybe i shouldn't take a giant retarded dump in it" is turned off at the moment. Please turn it back on.
                              http://youtu.be/of49fNcdqa4

Comment

Working...
                              X