Last undefeated team in 2014/15 Season Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last undefeated team in 2014/15 Season Poll

Wufan would you please construct a thread similar to your Memphis Starter Poll thread that permits posters to select their choice for the last undefeated team this year. Teams for possible inclusion include -
    1. Shockers
    2. Kentucky
    3. Duke
    4. Arizona
    5. Wisconsin
    6. North Carolina
    7. Louisville
    8. Texas
    9. Villanova
    10. Creighton

You know how the first few questions of Who Wants to be a Millionaire always have a joke answer? Like, what is the capital of the United States? Answer D: Toothpaste.

I'm glad that you included Creighton for those purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
      Wufan would you please construct a thread similar to your Memphis Starter Poll thread that permits posters to select their choice for the last undefeated team this year. Teams for possible inclusion include -
      1. Shockers
      2. Kentucky
      3. Duke
      4. Arizona
      5. Wisconsin
      6. North Carolina
      7. Louisville
      8. Texas
      9. Villanova
      10. Creighton
      Ken Pomeroy gives only 2 of those teams a better than 50% chance of merely winning their next 4 games. Kentucky (73% chance) and Louisville (66% chance). Kentucky and Louisville meet at the end of December so only 1 of them can be undefeated come the end of 2014.

He has @Utah as the hardest single game on WSU's schedule with WSU at a 57% chance to win. Only 1 other game on the Shox schedule is below 70% (@UNI - 61%).

Yeah, that is a bunch of numbers, I know. Reality is that give it about 2 weeks, and if WSU is still undefeated, they will probably be one of only 2-3 teams left. The @Utah game is a really, really huge hurdle.

One last thing. Utah plays Kansas a mere 10 days after hosting WSU. If the Shox win and KU loses... yum!!!

Comment

Kentucky non-conference schedule is really tough: #5 KU, #7 Texas on 12/05, #5 UNC on 12/13, #22 UCLA on 12/20, and #6 Louisville on 12/27. Would this be the toughest schedule?
        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

The Utah game is the only one I see as a loss on our schedule.

I know what the numbers say and I know what they said last year.

Comment

UNC trying to get off that list.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              Ken Pomeroy gives only 2 of those teams a better than 50% chance of merely winning their next 4 games. Kentucky (73% chance) and Louisville (66% chance). Kentucky and Louisville meet at the end of December so only 1 of them can be undefeated come the end of 2014.

He has @Utah as the hardest single game on WSU's schedule with WSU at a 57% chance to win. Only 1 other game on the Shox schedule is below 70% (@UNI - 61%).

Yeah, that is a bunch of numbers, I know. Reality is that give it about 2 weeks, and if WSU is still undefeated, they will probably be one of only 2-3 teams left. The @Utah game is a really, really huge hurdle.

One last thing. Utah plays Kansas a mere 10 days after hosting WSU. If the Shox win and KU loses... yum!!!
              Utah has some ungodly home record I think.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Stealth candidate: Mississippi St. My god look at that non-con schedule.

Comment

North Carolina just lost to Butler

Comment

Seton Hall is dangerous (if we're not respecting them...I know, I know) and Alabama is damned good. We have plenty to worry about on our own schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Are you thinking Utah State?
                      ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                      www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

5-2 last year at home vs the top 100. 18-2 overall at home.

Only 11-7 at home the year before including 2 really bad home losses.

I'd say EB 22 was right, you were probably thinking of Utah State. Either that or you just singled out last year which was a really good year at home for them.

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                          Are you thinking Utah State?
                          Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          5-2 last year at home vs the top 100. 18-2 overall at home.

Only 11-7 at home the year before including 2 really bad home losses.

I'd say EB 22 was right, you were probably thinking of Utah State. Either that or you just singled out last year which was a really good year at home for them.
                          Definitely thinking Utah State. I have such a hard time keeping those two straight, and was fully aware we were playing the P12, Red colored Utah and still got it wrong.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

And how exactly is our road record? I say we need more challenges like this. Gonna be fun to watch.

Comment

Utah enters the 2014/15 basketball season with a 550 to 140 win/loss mark at home for a nearly 80% win percentage. However, WSU has the best road record in the nation the past 3 or so seasons, exact numbers of which I cannot produce.

Comment

Working...
                              X