Sioux Falls After Action Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    That's why @RoyalShock had to stay in town. We're like the Prez and VP, we can't travel together.
    I guess that makes me the Secretary of Whatever that hides out in an undisclosed location during the State of the Union address.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Don't ever vacation in Germany.

In the context of the modern vehicle, 100 MPH or 110 MPH is not really any different than 70 MPH or 80 MPH was to the vehicles of 30 or 40 years ago. Most of the US interstate system that is located in lower population areas (the vast majority of the central US) could handle those speeds no problem, as could the majority of vehicles that are produced today. The variable that precludes the German autobahn model from working here is the US driver and the low threshold for licensure. We'll give a license to anything with a pulse, after a morning spent reading a booklet - the opposite tact of German and most of Europe.

EDIT: BTW Montana interstates essentially had no daytime speed limit through a good chunk of the '90's and early '00's (the limit was signed as "safe and prudent"), until one dork who challenged his ticket ruined it for everyone.
      The speeds on the Autobahn in Germany isn't much different than what they are here on the interstate highways.

Except at construction sites, the general speed limits, where they apply, are usually between 100 km/h (62 mph) and 130 km/h (81 mph); construction sites usually have a speed limit of 80 km/h (50 mph) but the limit may be as low as 60 km/h (37 mph) or, in very rare cases, 40 km/h (25 mph). Certain stretches have lower speed limits during wet weather. Some areas have a speed limit of 120 km/h (75 mph) in order to reduce noise pollution during overnight hours (usually 10pm – 6am) or because of increased traffic during daytime (6am – 8pm).

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        The speeds on the Autobahn in Germany isn't much different than what they are here on the interstate highways.
        You are being either intellectually dishonest here, or you are just ignorant of the facts.

The German autobahn only has speed limits in heavier populated areas, work zones, etc. The rest of it is posted:

Comment

You are being either intellectually dishonest here, or you are just ignorant of the facts.

The German autobahn only has speed limits in heavier populated areas, work zones, etc. The rest of it is posted.
          That's what I said, just quoting from the article.

Comment

I think all posts on Shochernet should start with the disclaimer: WARNING! The following content is hyperbole and should be considered either sarcastic or intellectually dishonest in all instances.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              I think all posts on Shochernet should start with the disclaimer: WARNING! The following content is hyperbole and should be considered either sarcastic or intellectually dishonest in all instances.
              Boy would that save me a lot of work!! :triumphant:

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                Boy would that save me a lot of work!! :triumphant:
                Now that's funny.

Comment

That's why @RoyalShock had to stay in town. We're like the Prez and VP, we can't travel together.
                  I was actually aboard Shock Force 1 the entire time. You weren't told due to the possibility you might get intercepted by sweater-wearing preppies straight outta Creighton on your way through Nebraska. Had that situation occurred, they might have tortured you with repeated chants of "one point nine" until you gave up the info. Yes, you could have countered with your own chant of "Sweet Sixteen and Final Four". However, due to their much-used technique of putting their fingers in their ears and yelling "Fox Sports 1", we couldn't risk it.
                  Last edited by RoyalShock; November 26, 2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

We stopped in Omaha for dinner on the way back. Of course, my family and I were decked out in Shocker gear. It was a nice local restaurant and the people were friendly. I'm fairly certain it was because of intimidation.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      We stopped in Omaha for dinner on the way back. Of course, my family and I were decked out in Shocker gear. It was a nice local restaurant and the people were friendly. I'm fairly certain it was because of intimidation.
                      I don't think they really care one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                        I don't think they really care one way or another.
                        Kind of like how most of the posters here view your contributions to this forum?

Don't you need to be off somewhere counting the years until your third and next appearance in the top 10 - a place WSU has now been 59 times, and actively counting? If the AP poll was property law you'd be the squatter hoping for adverse possession by pretending like you belong, and we're the entity b!tch-slapping you upside the head with eminent domain.

You can only hope that someday programs will be judged by fan attendance, rather than the results on the court. That's the only way Creighton is ever going to be relevant.

Comment

Kind of like how most of the posters here view your contributions to this forum?

Don't you need to be off somewhere counting the years until your third and next appearance in the top 10 - a place WSU has now been 59 times, and actively counting? If the AP poll was property law you'd be the squatter hoping for adverse possession by pretending like you belong, and we're the entity b!tch-slapping you upside the head with eminent domain.

You can only hope that someday programs will be judged by fan attendance, rather than the results on the court. That's the only way Creighton is ever going to be relevant.
                          Whatever makes you happy. Creighton has been out of the Valley for 2 years yet they still remain the most "relevant" topic on this forum day in and day out. Don't understand that. I could care less. Just find it odd.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I was actually aboard Shock Force 1 the entire time. You weren't told due to the possibility you might get intercepted by sweater-wearing preppies straight outta Creighton on your way through Nebraska. Had that situation occurred, they might have tortured you with repeated chants of "one point nine" until you gave up the info. Yes, you could have countered with your own chant of "Sweet Sixteen and Final Four". However, due to their much-used technique of putting their fingers in their ears and yelling "Fox Sports 1", we couldn't risk it.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                              Whatever makes you happy. Creighton has been out of the Valley for 2 years yet they still remain the most "relevant" topic on this forum day in and day out. Don't understand that. I could care less. Just find it odd.
                              I think Creighton's relevance on this board is a testament to the relevance or lack-there-of with the rest of the MVC teams.

Also, making fun of sweater vested turd burglars never gets old.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I think Creighton's relevance on this board is a testament to the relevance or lack-there-of with the rest of the MVC teams.

Also, making fun of sweater vested turd burglars doesn't get old.
                                That makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X