Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart (sunrise) didn't sign with loyola and......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart (sunrise) didn't sign with loyola and......

Someone on their board thinks Marshall could be tampering??? LMAO wow that is bold, considering we aren't recruiting him..... Surely they can't be serious?!

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

He's probably not signing and holding out hope that Marshall will offer him a scholarship. Also, I'm pretty sure it's not tampering if he hasn't signed an LOI.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      He's probably not signing and holding out hope that Marshall will offer him a scholarship. Also, I'm pretty sure it's not tampering if he hasn't signed an LOI.
      Oh I know. It's bogus, just surprised they would go there so quick. Maybe they are sCUm fans in disguise. I would expect that from them.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Those guys actually know basketball...they just don't know Marshall.
        Livin the dream

Comment

A Loyola recruit would do well to wait until the Spring signing period, regardless of how committed they are to the program. Consider that (1) Moser is in year 4 at Loyola, 11 overall, and his teams have been perennial bottom-dwellers with not a lot of optimism running around for this year and (2) a new AD was just hired. The math says don't sign until you know who your coach is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            A Loyola recruit would do well to wait until the Spring signing period, regardless of how committed they are to the program. Consider that (1) Moser is in year 4 at Loyola, 11 overall, and his teams have been perennial bottom-dwellers with not a lot of optimism running around for this year and (2) a new AD was just hired. The math says don't sign until you know who your coach is going to be.
            Good point. If there was any "tampering" going on, it was probably just to lend this kind of sound advice to a kid via his buddies. Not an attempt to steal a recruit from there. One thing we don't need is MORE players to figure out what to do with...although our coach has proven that he struggles with math.

Comment

You'll know it's serious when Loyola calls Roy Williams for advice.

No, I am never letting that go.

Comment

HCGM has said many times he would like to see the MVC get multiple bids (for obvious reasons) and how beneficial it would be for WSU to play in a more competitive MVC. Just think about all the BS he had to put up with last season with the SOS and the "they didn't play anybody" garbage. Now, why in the world would he want to "tamper" with a recruit he has no interest in, with the intent to harm the worst team in the league, who is already a HUGE detriment to our RPI? This isn't UNC telling a kid not to go to Duke. We actually want and NEED Loyola to get their **** together. Good grief...
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                  HCGM has said many times he would like to see the MVC get multiple bids (for obvious reasons) and how beneficial it would be for WSU to play in a more competitive MVC. Just think about all the BS he had to put up with last season with the SOS and the "they didn't play anybody" garbage. Now, why in the world would he want to "tamper" with a recruit he has no interest in, with the intent to harm the worst team in the league, who is already a HUGE detriment to our RPI? This isn't UNC telling a kid not to go to Duke. We actually want and NEED Loyola to get their **** together. Good grief...
                  Boom. Exactly. You almost need to copy this and make an account over there so you can post it. I am a HUGE "bring me back a relevant MVC" guy. I don't want to leave. I want a good conference with the same schools (well, I would like a few modifications...). I am always happy when mvc schools get playas.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    Boom. Exactly. You almost need to copy this and make an account over there so you can post it.
                    Tried last night, I am waiting for their admin to approve my request :)
                    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Apparently the black helicopters flying around Chicago these days have a WSU logo on them, with a tail number of "N666WS."

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                        Absolutely. Loyola being the absolute pits is the worst possible thing for WSU.

Marshall would be more likely to go on the road actually recruiting for Loyola himself than tampering to get a player not to go there. Winning the MVC has absolutely nothing to do with Marshall's ability to get WSU to the NCAA tournament. Loyola being this bad actively hurts our seeding potential.

Not to mention the fact that "tampering" is an NCAA violation, and an NCAA violation can't occur with a kid that hasn't signed an LOI yet. A verbal commitment is meaningless. If Marshall wanted Smart, there's no doubt in the world that Smart would choose WSU over Loyola, and there wouldn't be the slightest thing wrong about it. Marshall would just be the better coach flipping a verbal commit to the better program.
                        Last edited by Rlh04d; November 14, 2014, 05:53 PM.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                          You'll know it's serious when Loyola calls Roy Williams for advice.

No, I am never letting that go.
                          and well you shouldn't let it go. he needs his bully routine put in check/ lockdown asap. it's overdue. i've said it before, years ago (and got some flak for it), much like north carolina favorite ric flair, roy williams is the dirtiest player in the game. all the way back to k-who?

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post

Not to mention the fact that "tampering" is an NCAA violation, and an NCAA violation can't occur with a kid that hasn't signed an LOI yet.
                            First off, Marshall didn't tamper, the Shockers don't need or want this kid. In fact, nobody tampered. That said, the above comment is incorrect. Lots of NCAA violations can occur with unsigned kids. Lots and lots of violations can occur.

I think you meant to say that you aren't tampering if the kid is unsigned, that would be correct. It is customary to quit recruiting kids that have given a verbal, but there is no rule. Until the kid is signed, it's all fair game.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              First off, Marshall didn't tamper, the Shockers don't need or want this kid. In fact, nobody tampered. That said, the above comment is incorrect. Lots of NCAA violations can occur with unsigned kids. Lots and lots of violations can occur.

I think you meant to say that you aren't tampering if the kid is unsigned, that would be correct. It is customary to quit recruiting kids that have given a verbal, but there is no rule. Until the kid is signed, it's all fair game.
                              You're right. I misphrased that.

Tons of thing our coaching staff COULD have done wrong, potentially, to get an NCAA violation during recruiting. But tampering can't be one of them.

Is it customary to quit recruiting a basketball recruit after he gives his verbal? It's not at all with football recruiting.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X