• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Salute to Our Veterans

Thank you for serving our country.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Hope this breaks the EO thread for number of posts

Thank you to every Veteran and every Veteran's family.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I am respectfully asking all SN members who have, or are currently serving our country to recognize themselves (pogo, shoxlax, etc...). Thank you to all!!

Comment

KANARNG-72-79

Comment

I am so glad to see the honor accorded those who have served and are serving...I still shudder at our Vietnam era treatment of our soldiers...God bless you all!

Comment

USAF 1969-1970. Thanks for starting this thread and, thanks to all who served and are serving.

Comment

No status for me, but my dad was a WWII infantryman in Germany. I've already called o wish him a happy Veteran's Day and say thanks, and I wish the same to all SN posters and everyone else who served. Thanks for your service, dedication, and sacrifice.

Comment

Thank you to all the veterans. This day makes me miss my grandfathers who were both in WWII and one was in Korea as well.

Comment

USMC / USMCR 1984 - 93 ,, Had a blast LOL Oooh Rhaa !!!!
                  From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Thank you all Vets and families for your sacrifices. Proud to be an American. Thanks for defending us.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                      USMC / USMCR 1984 - 93 ,, Had a blast LOL Oooh Rhaa !!!!
                      Happy belated birthday. Semper Fi

Comment

USN 2006 - 2013. Still struggling with what being a veteran means. I do appreciate the thanks, and if like to thank those that have served, are serving, and the families of those that do or have. However, I'd like to think those that deserve our thanks the most are those who can no longer recieve it. Those that have lost their lives, or limbs, or are dealing with the struggles that come with having witnessed firsthand the atrocities of war my sincere gratitude goes out to you.

Comment

Army - '69 - '71
                          “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                          John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                            USN 2006 - 2013. Still struggling with what being a veteran means. I do appreciate the thanks, and if like to thank those that have served, are serving, and the families of those that do or have. However, I'd like to think those that deserve our thanks the most are those who can no longer recieve it. Those that have lost their lives, or limbs, or are dealing with the struggles that come with having witnessed firsthand the atrocities of war my sincere gratitude goes out to you.
                            This.

I just left active duty in August. I've never particularly liked being included in Veteran's Day thanks, though, considering all of the people who did so much more. I'm glad I kept the string going in my family for the fourth generation, though.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I did not serve in the military. My dad did in WWII as an anti-artillery battery sergeant. He passed away in 2009. There is no question that war, as with all wars, had a profound impact on the men that served. Were getting to where it won't be long and all the WWII vets will be gone. Tremendous generation including those that stayed behind and contributed in other ways.

World War I is kind of a forgotten war but it was a very nasty war to fight. I'm kind of glad the U.S. could stay out of it until the latter part of the war, but that trench warfare was nasty business. If you have not yet visited the National World War I Museum in Kansas City I would highly recommend a visit. Maybe the next time the Shocks are in the CBE Classic. Give yourself a good half-day.

Also if you have not visited Veterans Memorial Park across the river from Exploration Place in Wichita I would recommend that also.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 11, 2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X