WSU VERSUS NEW MEXICO STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS NEW MEXICO STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. Let the games begin. Our mantra could be evolved from a song by Rodney Atkins but with a SN twist.

"Eat, Sleep, Follow Our Beloved Shockers, Repeat." We will enter this Season Cleless on the floor but his example will

be with us in spirit. NMS has Danced around 5 of the last 8 Seasons and are picked by mags to win the WAC. Daniel

Mullings is a solid guard and Tshilldzi Nephawe is their 6'-10" talented Center. They also have a 7'-3" redshirt joining

around 4 returning starters. I'm glad this game is at home su-weet home. We have an improved non-con schedule

which is what we wanted and this game will be a big challenge for us and how we defend and rebound will truly matter.

Shocks-------72

Aggies-------65
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

shox by 3 home sweet home

Comment

Shocks by 16 but it is closer than the score indicates. The Aggies size Could cause us some problems.
      Aggie Roster & Bio
      The official Men's Basketball page for the New Mexico State University Aggies

Our Shocks
      The official Men's Basketball page for the Wichita State Shockers

Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

A look at the Aggies projected line-up:

PG: Ian Baker; 6-0, 180 so; averaged 3.7 points per game, 1.1 assists, 0.5 steals and averaged 13.7 minutes per game in 2013-14
        SG: DK Eldridge; 6-2, 180 sr; averaged 11.2 points per game, 2.0 assists, 4.5 rebounds in 27.6 minutes per game in 2013-14. Shot .400 from three.
        SF: Dan Mullings; 6-2, 170 sr; averaged 16.8 points per game, 3.5 assists, 4.9 rebounds in 33.5 minutes per game in 2013-14. Shot .277 from three.
        PF: Remi Barry; 6-8, 225 sr; averaged 6.1 points per game, 2.9 rebounds per game 12.6 minutes in 2013-14 before injury side-lined him after 9 games.
        C: Tshilidzi Nephawe; 6-10, 268 sr; averaged 11.1 points per game, 7.8 rebounds, 1.3 blocks in 27.9 minutes in 2013-14. Recovering from foot injury; should play

Bench:
        Tanveer Bhullar: 7-3, 335 Rfr C. Questionable after ankle injury
        Anthony January: 6-8, 200 so F. Former top 100 recruit. First year with the Lobos after a year at JUCO. Questionable with ankle injury
        Travon Landry: 6-1, 176 so PG.
        Johnathon Wilkins: 6-10, 225 Rfr F. Top 150 recruit
        Last edited by wufan; November 9, 2014, 10:40 AM.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Our offense will be very strong this year. Does anybody else remember that part of when Rian drained a bunch of threes was when Coach had a really odd lineup in there? It was REALLY big up front with Bush and Rauno and then immediately very undersized with Baker, Rian and either FVV or Henderson. Well, a lineup like that stretches a defense to its seams and then the threes start raining in and if you miss, there is quite a rebounding presence.

Anyway, our shooting is gong to be off the charts this year and or defense and rebounding will continue to improve. I don't expect defensive lockdown yet by next week but I expect it to be raining cats and dogs in the basket.

Learn to overestimate the Shox because there is more logic in doing that than in underestimating them at this point.

WSU - 90
          NMSU - 78

Comment

A picture of the 6-10 268 lb senior Tshilidzi Nephawe…he looks like a bad dude:
            Attached Files
            Livin the dream

Comment

Wufan, thanks for the analysis. Just one thing, can you change it from the "Lobos" to the "Aggies" I almost passed up your analysis because it made me think you wrote about the wrong team.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                Wufan, thanks for the analysis. Just one thing, can you change it from the "Lobos" to the "Aggies" I almost passed up your analysis because it made me think you wrote about the wrong team.
                Damn it!
                Livin the dream

Comment

I don't think we will struggle to get going like we did in many games last year. NMSU is definitely not a bad team but I think we win by 30+.

Comment

No offense, but that's just disrespectful @AndShock:. This is a top 100 program that is used to winning, especially away from home, is tough minded, experienced and big. They won at Drake and split a home and home against New Mexico last season, took #4 Seed San Diego State to the wire in the dance and battled Gonzaga and Arizona before falling. Only Arizona had a wide margin of victory (26) and that was the 4th game in 12 days (3 on the road) against top competition.

WSU is the better team and should win, perhaps decisively, but do not forget the other guy has a say in the matter too. Really looking forward to a game that counts against a quality opponent. Leaving work early on Friday to take in the volleyball match, running home to grab a beverage and then back to the Chuck.......cannot wait.

Comment

Nip and tuck first half, but Shocks pull away in the third quarter raining 3's from all over the court.

I hope to repeat this prediction often throughout the season minus the first half being nip and tuck.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                        Nip and tuck first half, but Shocks pull away in the third quarter raining 3's from all over the court.

I hope to repeat this prediction often throughout the season minus the first half being nip and tuck.
                        "Third quarter"...???
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          "Third quarter"...???
                          He's going to be wondering why the arena empties out at halftime.

Comment

Current MoVal 79
                            Ex-MoVal. 65

Comment

Gene Smithson 86,
                              Weldon Drew 67

Comment

Working...
                              X