To all KC area Shockers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all KC area Shockers...

I will be moving up to the KC area this Summer. What are some good spots to watch the games. I know that the Fox and Hound on Metcalf has been mentioned before. Any others? I'll be in the South part of town (JoCo or Jackson Co.)

Boneshock...

I guess that means you won't be directing the pep band in 08-09? Too bad. I've enjoyed listening to the band this season. Hopefully the new director will continue to build upon your excellent success.

Comment

Yep...I finish my Master's in August so I won't have the job next year. With all luck, they'll get somebody who is as cool as I am to do it! HA!

Comment

810 sports zone

Comment

I'll do it! And for only 1/10th of HCGM's salary!

I actually wish they would do like some universities have where they separate the direction of the pep band from the university band program. Right now it is simply a way for the WSU Bands to get another GTA on the athletic department's (student fees really) nickel. You will likely never see consistency with the leadership of the pep band changing every year or two.

That being said, boneshock, job well done! Best of luck in KC!
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

No doubt, I'd gladly take a job (not GTA) running the band instead of the way they do it now, but hey, I got my school paid for so I can't complain too much.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Paddy O'Quigley's (119th and Roe)

It's great for watching the Irish on Saturday's in the fall.

If not, any of the Tanner's around town will do the trick

(143rd and Metcalf is the best, and furthest south)

Comment

If you contact Holly at the Alumni Association she will give you my name, email address and phone number. I'll get you on our contact list for all of the KC watch parties and events. Look forward to meeting you next season.

Comment

OPShocker, why can't you just PM him and exchange name, email address and phone #?

Comment

Boneshock: Do you happen to have a clean recording of the pep band playing the dudley theme that is played before each half / when appropriate?

I've wanted that as a ringer for my phone for a few years now.

e: Tell me when and where you guys practice and I'll be there with a crappy sound recording device.

Comment

Rosewood:

Its not the pep band doing it, its an actual rip from the old cartoon, but here is a linky for the mp3, about 15 seconds in length or so:

I have all of the 1989 pep band recording on mp3 (the good old days) but apparently we didn't record Dudley that year for some reason.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I so want to use that as a mixtape intro

Comment

I would like to use it to make it a CD for a friend of mine who graduated from WSU and lives in Denver.

Comment

Practice? C'mon we're talkin' 'bout practice. We have a rehearsal tonight at about 6:30 in Koch. Our next rehearsal is March 6th sometime in the evening in St. Louis. OK, I'm sorry, we have two practices in October and that's it. We have to pay the players for those so we only do 2 a year.

As far as recordings, I wouldn't even know where to look for those. I'd be happy to give you one of our trumpet players to walk around with you and play it every time your phone rings. They're very bored and lonely individuals.

Sorry guys, the sarcasm is a bit thick today.
                            :D

Comment

Well, the best way to 'capture' audio is by using 'Replay'. Now, I have downloaded a trial version of Replay, which includes with it 25 times of recording audio FREE with it before you have to pay for it.

here is their website:

Record and download everything in minutes. Easy and fun to use. Discover Applian’s video & audio downloader, screen recorder, converter and more!

Comment

Working...
                              X