Around the Valley - Preseason Notes and Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the Valley - Preseason Notes and Stuff

Reports gleaned from other websites, mixed in with a bit of hyperbole I suppose.

UNI defeated Upper Iowa 83-66. The Panthers struggled on the boards a bit, but were missing Nate Buss who is out with a minor injury.

Upper Iowa is coached by former Panther Brooks McKown and therefore is a 150-250 type D1 team who could beat Loyola.

Brad Lohaus will contend for POY this year. Ted Friedman will probably redshirt. UNI depth is amazing at 11 or 12 deep. Tuttle refused to dominate so he could get other players involved. I think I hit the high points.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    team who could beat Loyola.
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure I would disagree with this part. I would wager UNI has a higher MoV over Loyola at home than UIU. It doesn't take a 150-250 type D1 team to beat Loyola.

Comment

Why didn't Friedman redshirt last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Unfortunately, I'm not sure I would disagree with this part. I would wager UNI has a higher MoV over Loyola at home than UIU. It doesn't take a 150-250 type D1 team to beat Loyola.
        Yeah I was actually thinking the same thing.

Comment

I think Friedman had the physical size to be effective last year whereas the other two freshman bigs did not.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
          X