Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Predictions for the season...

Game 0: (Exh. vs Northwood)

Shockers easily take the win, the new guys see lots of minutes.

Game 1: (vs New Mexico State)

Easy home opener win, Baker and Van Vleet will prove they can do it without Early.

Game 2: (neutral vs Memphis)

A close game, but the Shox will pull it off with clutch shots.

Game 3: (vs Newman)

Shox will easily take the win, with the bench scoring most nof the points.

Game 4: (vs Tulsa)

Tulsa will be the first real challenge for the Shox, but not a big challenge.

Game 5: (at Utah)

Mark my words, this will be a helluva game. Shox win in OT

5 game recap:
    The Shox go 5-0 and rise to #5 in the nation.

Game 6: (vs Saint Louis @ IBA)
    [img]http://i.gyazo.com/ffc9ff1042e70b39ad755fea027a7e03.png[/img[
    STL has lost too many people to be competitive this year.

Game 7: (vs Seton Hall)

Seton Hall is an underrated team we should look forward to.

Game 8: (at Detriot, hope everyone comes back alive)

Detriot is a pretty good team but shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Game 9: (vs Alabama)

Alabama will keep it close but the Shox prevail.

Game 10: (Loyola (MD) @Diamond Head)

Shox easily advance to the next round of the DHC.

Game 11: (Nebrasketball @Diamond Head)
    Shox win 82-77 (I've reached my image limit, no more fancy images.
    Nebraska should be ranked and another good win for the Shockers.

Game 12: (Colorado @Diamond Head)
    Shox win 82-65
    Shockers will beat Colorado to easily win the Diamond Head. More hardware for Marshall.

Aaand that's the end of noncon. I'll post the rest of the season later! Any thoughts?
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

I would guess that the first real challenge is the 3 point win over Memphis you predicted, not Tulsa. But that's just me playing semantics. I'm not sure that we get through the non-con undefeated. The Shocks play a number of very good teams (and obviously Wichita State will be a very good team). I have no idea who they might lose to, but it would probably be either Memphis, Utah, or one of the Diamond Head teams. Last year was amazing, and I will approach every game knowing that we should win, but the team that should win doesn't always win.

Comment

Just a few thoughts. I believe that our first DHC game is against Loyola Marymount. Not sure how Tulsa is our first real test since we play Memphis before Tulsa. Don't overlook NMST they will not be a shabby team. I don't expect us to go undefeated in the non-con.
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

utah will be very, very tough. they have really good size (three 7-footers?) and skill (6'6" pg?).

ku or uk for example etc wouldn't go to utah. way too dangerous to come out with a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          utah will be very, very tough. they have really good size (three 7-footers?) and skill (6'6" pg?).

ku or uk for example etc wouldn't go to utah. way too dangerous to come out with a loss.
          I count two seven footers. They also have a 6-8 McDs AA frosh.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
            Just a few thoughts. I believe that our first DHC game is against Loyola Marymount. Not sure how Tulsa is our first real test since we play Memphis before Tulsa. Don't overlook NMST they will not be a shabby team. I don't expect us to go undefeated in the non-con.
            New Mexico State has gone to three NCAA tournaments in a row. They also have the most unique player in the NCAA in Tanveer Bhullar, a 7'3"/330 lb mountain that supposedly is a lot better than his brother was. It will be a very interesting game.

Comment

I'm not predicting a win at Utah. A loss in any other noncon game would surprise me.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                I'm not predicting a win at Utah. A loss in any other noncon game would surprise me.
                that whole place, players and fans and vendors, will be fired up to face the shockers. luckily we have fvv around to keep the team calm, cool and collected in the face of frenzy.

Comment

Utah will be very tough indeed -- a mile high, and those people are absolutely crazy about basketball. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if WSU reaches Valley play unbeaten. Of course, I was very pleasantly surprised when the Shocks reached Valley play unbeaten last year, too, so who knows? But I think this is also a tougher schedule than last year's was.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Utah will be very tough indeed -- a mile high, and those people are absolutely crazy about basketball. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if WSU reaches Valley play unbeaten. Of course, I was very pleasantly surprised when the Shocks reached Valley play unbeaten last year, too, so who knows? But I think this is also a tougher schedule than last year's was.
                    It is definitely a tougher schedule. It is hard to speculate on the number of NCAA teams, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a decent number of teams make it. Best case New Mexico State, Memphis, Tulsa, Utah, Saint Louis, Bama, Nebrasketball, and Colorado all get in. I don't know enough about all of those teams to give odds on each making it, but certainly more than last year and most of those will be at-larges.

Comment

Our OOC schedule produced 5 NCAA teams last year which was maybe the highest in the field and definitely near the top. Now a couple of those were lower seeds winning their conference but it still was a good schedule. IIRC we finished 30th in OOC SOS. This year I think we will be top 10.
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Very tough Non-con, if we go through un-scathed I will be pleasantly suprised. We will be very young and very little experience with our front court. That will be the key, how fast they adapt. It's great to have the type of guards we have to help control the flow of the game and set up our young front-court. This will only make us stronger come March.

Comment

I'll be happy to see us reach our MVC schedule with only one loss.

In that case, we could very well end the season with no more than 2 or 3 loses.

Comment

2007–08 Wichita State 11–20 4–14 9th
                            2008–09 Wichita State 17–17 8–10 T–5th CBI Second Round
                            2009–10 Wichita State 25–10 12–6 2nd NIT First Round
                            2010–11 Wichita State 29–8 14–4 2nd NIT Champions
                            2011–12 Wichita State 27–6 16–2 1st NCAA Second Round
                            2012–13 Wichita State 30–9 12–6 2nd NCAA Final Four
                            2013–14 Wichita State 35–1 18–0 1st NCAA Third Round

Improvement with record every season since GM's coached at Wichita State. How do you improve on 35-1. Loose a couple games in the regular season and go to the Final Four again? Ideally, go undefeated and win a National Championship.

Comment

Well, lemuel, in 2011-12 they backslid on wins but improved on W-L pct and made the NCAA for the first time; the following year they gained wins but dropped a bit on percentage and reached the Final Four; then last season they reached previously unimaginable heights in wins and percentage, with an NCAA record start along the way, but didn't survive the round of 32.

So obviously this year the Shocks should be allowed to slip a bit in wins or percentage as long as they play deeper into the tournament. But not too much backsliding -- maybe another 33-35 wins (or more?), with a couple of extra losses but compensation in the form of extra games to reach the round of eight, or four, or even two. How about reaching the championship game and then letting the chips fall where they may once that happens?

Comment

Working...
                              X