No announcement yet.

Marshall Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to bring up one point. Everyone keeps saying Phil is a PF playing center out of position. I would like to just make the point that Phil does not shoot good enough to be a power forward, and that he is only effective when he is closer to the goal, therefore he is just an undersized center.

Comment

As a revered poster on this forum likes to say, "Help is on the way".

Comment

Phil shoots well enough to be a PF. He has more range than Clemente and I wouldn't list Ramon as a C. And considering PFs are post players too......
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
          I would like to bring up one point. Everyone keeps saying Phil is a PF playing center out of position. I would like to just make the point that Phil does not shoot good enough to be a power forward, and that he is only effective when he is closer to the goal, therefore he is just an undersized center.
          A typical PF doesn't shoot from the perimeter. Phil's jumper is quite servicable out to 15 feet. CSU tried to make him a small forward. I don't think a guy who can't shoot a lick would be a candidate for that position in any universe.

Comment

That may be Royal, but all outside shots I have seen Phil take lately haven't fallen.

It seems with Matt back, that Gal's performance has dropped off quite a bit, especially Offensively. He just passes instead of making something happen.
            Guards have to be their own 'little team' in order to make something happen whether making shots, or making assists, or driving to the basket, and it just doesn't look like Gal's been on that little team lately.

Comment

That may be Royal, but all outside shots I have seen Phil take lately haven't fallen.
              Neither has the stuff on the inside.

Comment

I wish Phil had another year to get this figured out. By basketball standards he has started the past two years playing at like 7'2, and finished the year playing about 6'4. Don't get it.

Comment

We've seen Phil's ability to knock down the jumper. Just because it hasn't been falling consistently lately doesn't mean he can't hit it. I also don't see many true centers in the Valley that can take their defender off the dribble from the FT line.

Comment

Working...
                  X