ESPN Top 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Top 100

Worth its own thread -- and please excuse me and merge this if it's already been started elsewhere; I didn't see it.

ESPN is doing a ranking of the top 100 college basketball players this season, similar to their NBA rankings. So far they're through 81-100 and 61-80, and no Shockers yet. We'll see if Cotton gets mentioned on this list after having been overlooked in the one by the guy from SBNation -- I suspect not, because he hasn't "proven" he can be a scorer the way he's established on defense; but we'll see. If anyone won't mind being WSU's secret weapon (except to the teams who play them, of course, for whom he's no secret at all), it's Tekele. Should also be interesting to see how high Baker and FVV rank.

Edit: no Valley players in the 61-100 group, either. Gonzaga has four, though, and Pangos hasn't made an appearance yet. So the Zags will obviously be well regarded by ESPN this coming season.
    Last edited by WSUwatcher; October 30, 2014, 05:17 PM.

Update: now listed up from #100 through #40 (Shocker nemesis Willie Cauley-Stein), with the top 39 to come next week. Still no Shockers or (current) Valley players. I'm guessing that means no Cotton, whose talents as a defender and winner aren't easily enough quantifiable to show up in the rating scheme ESPN uses, not that any or us -- or least of all him -- could care less. We'll see how high Baker and FVV go as the list continues.

I mention "current" Valley players partly because at this point it seems pretty unlikely that any non-Shockers will appear, and also partly because two former Valley players do appear, namely #74 Rayvonte Rice, who left (or was poached from?) Drake, and #44 Nic Moore, who similarly left IllState to stick with Jankovich. That's part of the reason the non-WSU Valley as a whole is rebuilding right now: two talented players who saw greener pastures and fled. The league needs to land more such players, but it also needs to keep them onboard once they arrive.

Comment

Willie Cauley-Stein is ranked ahead of Wayne Selden and that is a travesty, IMO.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Here is the CBS Sports Top 100 College Hoops Players.

CBSSports.com's Top 100 players in college hoops for 2014-15

FVV - 11
        Baker - 19

DJ Ballentine (Evansville) - 100

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ps-for-2014-15
        Last edited by Shocker-maniac; November 1, 2014, 06:57 AM.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Soon to be fixed, but right now they have #7 Georges Niang with the Iowa St Shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            Willie Cauley-Stein is ranked ahead of Wayne Selden and that is a travesty, IMO.
            Totally agree. I don't get the love affair with Selden. He's athletic but very average as a basketball player.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Totally agree. I don't get the love affair with Selden. He's athletic but very average as a basketball player.
              NS

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                Soon to be fixed, but right now they have #7 Georges Niang with the Iowa St Shockers.
                That's because Ioway State wants to be like us. :smug:
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  Was he teammates with Ron Baker in Scott City, Iowa?
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Oh, I was saying that Selden is better than WCS. I think Selden is going to be really, really good this year. I'm biased though.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Oh, I was saying that Selden is better than WCS. I think Selden is going to be really, really good this year. I'm biased though.
                      Reason for bias?

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Was he teammates with Ron Baker in Scott City, Iowa?
                        I hear that Rob Baker is a pretty good player.

Comment

What is your bias and do you think he is better than Ron Baker?

Comment

I was just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Comment

No judging here. Perhaps a closet Jayhawk? There are others on here with dual allegiances.

Comment

Working...
                              X