Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student tickets sold out... in 45 minutes

And I didn't get one...

I'm not here to complain though. This is great for our program. Today was the pickup day for the first two home games and they are all gone. They went even faster than the tickets for the last games last year.

The students are paying attention, folks. Even the new comers know that the hype is real. It's going to be a fun season.

Sorry @ShockerPhi: you didn't get your tickets

OK. I am going to suggest something that may upset a lot of people.

Koch season tickets sold out. Student tix gone in 45 mins. Should all games be moved to IBA for the 2015/16 season? More attendance. More revenue. Why not?
    Last edited by Shocker-maniac; October 27, 2014, 10:56 AM.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
      Sorry @ShockerPhi you didn't get your tickets

OK. I am going to suggest something that may upset a lot of people.

Koch season tickets sold out. Student tix gone in 45 mins. Should all games be moved to IBA fohttp://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11754505/college-basketball-top-25-power-rankingsr the 2025/16 season? More attendance. More revenue. Why not?
      No thanks.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Yeah this is also why people here have suggested raising the roof on Koch. It's just not quite big enough for the demand anymore. But I love Koch Arena still.

Comment

I love Koch too. But what if we can avg 14,000 or even 15,000 instead of 10,500?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            Yeah this is also why people here have suggested raising the roof on Koch. It's just not quite big enough for the demand anymore. But I love Koch Arena still.
            When the students have picked up ALL of their FREE tickets for 5 years in a period NOT directly following a F4 and an undefeated season, maybe it will be time to start talking about needing a larger arena.

I am glad to see these tickets going quickly though. The last few games last year, there actually started to be some semblance of a student section with mostly students in it. Hopefully that becomes the norm. I think the new dorm will help, even in less prosperous times, as the campus becomes more of the "place to be" during non-school hours.

Comment

At some point, they may move to INTRUST for a year or two if they feel the need to expand Koch; I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Remember, other great arenas, like Cameron Indoor, are around the size of Koch.

Would demand be as high, if seating was expanded to 15,000? I don't think we have ever filled INTRUST completely for one of the games yet. They would have to probably see that happen (with demand for more) a few times, before considering it.
              The Assman

Comment

There is something to be said (a lot actually) about an on-campus arena. You just can't beat the history of Henry Levitt, the Roundhouse, and CKA. There is nothing better. Can it be improved on by expanding --- only with hundreds of thousands of dollars and the guarantee that the atmosphere and acoustics don't change. Not sure that is possible. We make more noise with 10,000 fans than most arenas do with 15,000.

Comment

If we ever fall back to even 20 wins a season, there is no way in hell we fill a 15,000-seat arena. Koch is fine just like it is. Demand isn't a bad thing.
                  78-65

Comment

Don't pull a California and adjust the budgets to reflect an annual increase in revenue when a large portion was one time capital gain tax revenue.

Comment

How much of the increased enrollment is due to the increased stature of the WSU basketball program? If these students can't get tickets do they go elsewhere? Does it limit our potential for future growth in enrollment? I don't know the answers to these question, but some posters on this board seem to think that the enrollment is due to the basketball program. Hard to argue that point

Comment

It's news like this that makes me hope these last two weeks go by QUICK. This town is craving Shocker basketball.

I really hope to see some more organization from the student section this year. I hope it's hopping for every game. After the last half-decade of unbelievable success, our players and coaching staff deserve it. That goes with the whole crowd too.

As for IBA, uh no. Koch is just fine the way it is. This is how it should be.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Speaking of the student section, if there are not opposing "FredEx" and "What can Brown do for you?" signs, I will be supremely disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            It's news like this that makes me hope these last two weeks go by QUICK. This town is craving Shocker basketball.

I really hope to see some more organization from the student section this year. I hope it's hopping for every game. After the last half-decade of unbelievable success, our players and coaching staff deserve it. That goes with the whole crowd too.

As for IBA, uh no. Koch is just fine the way it is. This is how it should be.
                            So an idea. A yell leader starts this cheer with the magaphone.

They ask to the student section "SHOCKERS, WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION!?" and then in unison the student section responds "AAAAOOOOOO" "AAAAOOOOO" "AAAAOOOOO" like in 300.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Speaking of the student section, if there are not opposing "FredEx" and "What can Brown do for you?" signs, I will be supremely disappointed.
                              "What can Brown do for you?"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X