Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basketball Clinic put on by the team this Sat. Oct. 25th - Get behind the scene look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Clinic put on by the team this Sat. Oct. 25th - Get behind the scene look

The Wichita State basketball team will host a special clinic this Saturday afternoon, Oct. 25, giving Shocker fans and male and female coaches of all levels a look behind the scenes.

WICHITA, Kan. – The Wichita State basketball team will host a special clinic this Saturday afternoon, Oct. 25, giving Shocker fans and male and female coaches of all levels a look behind the scenes.

The clinic will take place at Charles Koch Arena practice gym beginning at 1:15 p.m.

Due to recruiting rules, males and females, ages seventh through 12th grade, as well as junior college or prep school age students are not permitted to register for or attend the clinic.

In addition to learning more about the game of basketball, participants will have the opportunity to tour the Shocker locker room and training areas. Members of the WSU staff will be available to answer questions.

Attendees will have a very unique chance to watch Coach Gregg Marshall and his staff conduct a full team practice as they prepare for the upcoming season, with a post-practice pizza social and Q&A session to follow.

The cost of the clinic is $25. Those wishing to register may contact the WSU men’s basketball office at (316) 978-3252.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

I attended this in 2011 and 2012 and it was wonderful. In 2011, Marshall spent about an hour visiting following the practice. 2012 was much "leaner," but still worth the $$$.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Totally agree, I can't make it this year, but the kids are always grateful to the fans there and you get a chance to see what a 3G practice is really about. I look forward to a report or 2 here at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        Attendees will have a very unique chance........

Tiny rant to whomever wrote that article....unique means one of kind, something cannot be very unique. End tiny rant.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Tiny rant to whomever wrote that article....unique means one of kind, something cannot be very unique. End tiny rant.
          There are no SMALL coincidences and BIG coincidences.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            When people say that something is very unique, they're saying that it's unique in an unusual way, or that it's unique in an unusual number of interesting ways. It's not good style by many people's standards, but it's not without meaning and it's not unclear.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              When people say that something is very unique, they're saying that it's unique in an unusual way, or that it's unique in an unusual number of interesting ways.
              There was always too much math in unusual numbers for me.

Comment

This event is fantastic, if you have the time. You can get a WAY better gauge of where the newcomers stand than at the scrimmage.

Comment

I saw this when it was posted on goshockers.com on Tuesday. I really would have liked to attend but already have prior engagements now. Too bad.

I guess the athletic department just assumes nobody does anything around here on weekends and that 4 days notice is plenty of time for such a unique opportunity. But then again, I'm just here to complain.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    I saw this when it was posted on goshockers.com on Tuesday. I really would have liked to attend but already have prior engagements now. Too bad.

I guess the athletic department just assumes nobody does anything around here on weekends and that 4 days notice is plenty of time for such a unique opportunity. But then again, I'm just here to complain.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Thanks Sexton should replace Thanks Obama.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        Winning.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                          Brilliant.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

And ... ?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It was fun. This year it was in the practice gym and the coaches and fans sat in chairs. In prior years, It was before shocker madness so they were still putting in plays and defenses. Two weeks later makes a big difference as most of the players knew the plays without help. They were really battling and getting physical as usual. Darius carter went down with an ankle sprain and didn't play after the first 45 minutes. I will answer specific questions to the best of my ability. About 50 people were present.
                              Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Working...
                              X