SENIOR NIGHT ALL CALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosewood
    I'm saying it now: If the GA section isn't packed, I don't want to ever hear the students talk about being anything but average.

Every student better be banging on every other student on Monday and Tuesday to get their butts to the chuck.
    If this was the case, then we would have the best student section ever in the history of college basketball. (or they're giving away free beer at the game) I'm sorry, those kind of things just don't happen, not with a season like this.
    KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
    Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

The ceremonies start at the 10 minute mark before the game.

Comment

The student section will be rocking!
        andymooredesign.com

MTXE, SHOX!

Comment

It should be good, with the festivities planned for the seniors. Now, we just have to figure out a way to stop Holsinger since he is back playing, as he almost beat us single-handedly last time.

Comment

Let's see. From http://www.goshockers.com, we have:

Baseball
            vs. Emporia State (WICHITA)
            Tuesday, Feb. 26, 3 p.m.
            Live Audio | Live Stats

Men's Basketball
            vs. Evansville (WICHITA)
            Tuesday, Feb. 26, 7:05 p.m.
            KNSS 1330 | Live Audio | Live Video/Audio

I have tickets to both but my first (sports) love is baseball and my baseball (season) ticket cost a lot more than my basketball tickets cost me. What should I do? ;-)

(Baseball without question; basketball depends on the length of the baseball game.)
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

They are playing Emporia State, for Pete's sake. Being Senior night, the basketball game is much more important than the baseball game. Go to the baseball game, but leave early enough to make the basketball game.

Baseball was our family sport growing up, and I played it from grade school (we had games between grade schools back then) on up through High School, but I don't find watching it near as entertaining as playing it, or watching Basketball currently.

Comment

gj andy

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  They are playing Emporia State, for Pete's sake. Being Senior night, the basketball game is much more important than the baseball game. Go to the baseball game, but leave early enough to make the basketball game.

Baseball was our family sport growing up, and I played it from grade school (we had games between grade schools back then) on up through High School, but I don't find watching it near as entertaining as playing it, or watching Basketball currently.
                  Did you attend the baseball regional and super-regional last year? Basketball (this year) is more entertaining than that????? (Be honest.)

Gregg Marshall came with great props and I hope he has great success in the future but he doesn't have a national championship, NCAA invites almost every year, national ranking on a regular basis, first round draft picks, etc. and it bothers me to some extent that Marshall gets paid 2 or 3 times as much as Gene. This unfair treatment (I know - "it's the market") is one reason baseball comes before basketball in my mind and heart.
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

SENIOR NIGHT. Like a trillion times more important than the baseball game against Emporia State, whom we'll probably cream by 10+ runs. I'll be at the Chuck, just like every game. It's sad to see the seniors go, though... :-/

Comment

ok SF316, i could really see an arguement if they were playing Arizona state or something, but its freaking emporia state, its pretty much a exbitition game for us.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I was looking forward to going until I couldn't get out of a meeting tonight. I won't even be able to listen to any of the game. :cry:

My wife, son and father-in-law will be going in my stead.

I'm counting on all of you to cheer just a little extra loud for me toinght!

:clap:

Comment

Just got my tickets, now I am going to have to figure out a way to sneak out of work so that I can make the two hour drive and not miss a second of the senior night stuff. PJ is one of my all-time favorite players and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to find tickets, but today a bunch of tickets and some pretty good ones became available on the Marketplace so I jumped at my chance. Can't wait, see you all at the Chuck.

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                          THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                            Originally posted by Snapshot9

Did you attend the baseball regional and super-regional last year? Basketball (this year) is more entertaining than that????? (Be honest.)

Gregg Marshall came with great props and I hope he has great success in the future but he doesn't have a national championship, NCAA invites almost every year, national ranking on a regular basis, first round draft picks, etc. and it bothers me to some extent that Marshall gets paid 2 or 3 times as much as Gene. This unfair treatment (I know - "it's the market") is one reason baseball comes before basketball in my mind and heart.
                            I love this quote I have always felt this way in regards to the basketball coach/Gene salary argument. This is probably a topic for another thread but I am glad you mentioned the unfair treatment. As far as the games go, make it to both, a three o'clock start for baseball should get you to the basketball game in time for the tip. I wish I could get out of here and be to Wichita in time for the baseball game, but not going to happen. Being able to watch a Shocker baseball and following that up with a Shocker basketball game sounds like the perfect day to me. Enjoy SpanglerFan, I am very jealous.
                            THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                              ok SF316, i could really see an arguement if they were playing Arizona state or something, but its freaking emporia state, its pretty much a exbitition game for us.
                              OK. You make a good point. However a baseball regional beats a regular season basketball game. (Of course I'll be at the basketball game. :D 3PM is a tough time for a baseball game; I had a meeting until 5PM yesterday. :cry: )

Comment

I missed the baseball game (work :-x ) but I'm leaving for the basketball game now.
                                :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                                :poster_cooz: :poster_cooz: :poster_cooz: :poster_cooz:
                                :D

Comment

Working...
                                X