2008 - 3
    2009 - 4
    2010 - 9
    2011 - 9* (14 if you include the NIT)
    2012 - 7 (1 on ESPN)
    2013 - 9 (1 on ESPN)
    2014 - 12 (1 on ESPN)
    2015 - 16 (potential for 4 on ESPN)

I originally thought we will pick up 6 conference games, bringing our total ESPN games to 14, but in fact we picked up 8. Yeah Baby!!!

Also, in the previous 8 seasons we only had one ESPN game in 2012, 2013, & 2014, this year we have the potential for 4 ESPN games. In addition, we will have at least 6 games on ESPN2 (the same as last year). The remaining 6 games will be split 4 for ESPN3 (compared to 3 last year) and 2 on ESPNU (the same as last year). And if things go really well, I have this sneaky suspicion we might be able to get one more.

Updated list from Sully showing television for each game.

Comment

Unless there's a limit for how many times we can be picked, I'm just gonna assume anywhere it says "Real TV/ESPN3", I'm just gonna assume we're on Real TV.

Comment

Is this the year we finally get an Angry WuShock on ESPNU?

WU-U.jpg

Comment

nm
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If I may ask, why is having a game on ESPN better than ESPN2?? I've gotten the notion that you guys are more excited about ESPN than ESPN2, but I don't really understand. I mean if someone has ESPN on their TV package, they more than likely have ESPN2. I just don't see the difference. Can someone enlighten me?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
              If I may ask, why is having a game on ESPN better than ESPN2?? I've gotten the notion that you guys are more excited about ESPN than ESPN2, but I don't really understand. I mean if someone has ESPN on their TV package, they more than likely have ESPN2. I just don't see the difference. Can someone enlighten me?
              ESPN always gets much better ratings. It's hard to gauge how much of that is just ESPN having better matchups, but I guess that means we would be considered a "better matchup."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                I think the best way to answer that would be that there is definitely a hierarchy of importance with ESPN, I.E. ESPN>ESPN2>ESPNU>ESPNEWS>ESPN Classic>ESPN3. Those could be argued which goes higher or lower when you get past ESPNU, but regardless, there are big differences from end to end, but as you get closer to each one, the differences are minimal. Like you said, ESPN2 and ESPN are nearly the same, both channels would be included in a standard cable package. But beyond reach, there are still differences. Announcers would be one. If you get a game on ESPN, you're guaranteed their A-team. ESPN2, you get A or B team. Ratings, people do watch ESPN more than ESPN2, is it because ESPN has the better match up usually, or another reason? Chicken or the egg type question, but ESPN is the best possible channel to be on if you want the max # of eyes on your game.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  WSU Shocker games that were either on ESPN or ESPN2/3/U:

2007 - 7
                  2008 - 3
                  2009 - 4
                  2010 - 9
                  2011 - 9* (14 if you include the NIT)
                  2012 - 7 (1 on ESPN)
                  2013 - 9 (1 on ESPN)
                  2014 - 12 (1 on ESPN)
                  2015 - 16 (potential for 4 on ESPN)

I originally thought we will pick up 6 conference games, bringing our total ESPN games to 14, but in fact we picked up 8. Yeah Baby!!!

Also, in the previous 8 seasons we only had one ESPN game in 2012, 2013, & 2014, this year we have the potential for 4 ESPN games. In addition, we will have at least 6 games on ESPN2 (the same as last year). The remaining 6 games will be split 4 for ESPN3 (compared to 3 last year) and 2 on ESPNU (the same as last year). And if things go really well, I have this sneaky suspicion we might be able to get one more.
                  I'm not sure if it was because I am not in the Wichita area or what, but I caught quite a few more than 3 games on ESPN3 last year. Probably closer to 10. While I continued my subscription to Shockervision, I don't think I used it at all after November (or maybe once or twice?), and was able to watch all the games. It was nice!
                  Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by shockrah View Post
                    I'm not sure if it was because I am not in the Wichita area or what, but I caught quite a few more than 3 games on ESPN3 last year. Probably closer to 10. While I continued my subscription to Shockervision, I don't think I used it at all after November (or maybe once or twice?), and was able to watch all the games. It was nice!
                    I believe that last year ESPN3 picked up all of the Cox 22 televised games (blacked out in Wichita).
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Without exaggerating I'm pretty sure I was able to watch almost ALL Shocker games last year on ESPN3. If it wasn't on ESPN or ESPN2 or FOX...it was on ESPN3. Seriously...I think all but maybe 2 were on somewhere. :)
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        Without exaggerating I'm pretty sure I was able to watch almost ALL Shocker games last year on ESPN3. If it wasn't on ESPN or ESPN2 or FOX...it was on ESPN3. Seriously...I think all but maybe 2 were on somewhere. :)
                        I think this is true.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

As long as Tulsa doesn't rejoin the league, games on ESPN3 won't be blacked out in Oklahoma.
                          Last edited by 1979Shocker; October 19, 2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I was told FS1 was the top CBB sports channel (sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                              I was told FS1 was the top CBB sports channel (sarcasm)
                              There's nothing sarcastic about that. Don't you realize that anything that has a "national" tv listing is going to be seen by tens of millions? Nevermind the fact that the channel is sandwiched between the Fishing Channel and FrisbeeSportsTV on channel 673 of your lineup, it's still "national". So anybody on that channel can easily say with certainty that they are on "national" tv and will clearly have the same exposure to that of a CBS, ABC, or ESPN. Duh.

It's ESPN's equal. It's ratings are multiplying through the roof. BIG EAST basketball is in like flint. Pretty soon, ESPN will be the laughing stock of American sports television as FS1 is clearly headed for mainstream glory.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X