5 Mid-Majors to Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Mid-Majors to Watch

Guess which team from the Valley made this list.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

There are so many things that are right about this.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Guess which team from the Valley made this list.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...tch-in-2014-15
      Of the nine mid-majors in the Valley, I'm going to guess it's UNI.

Comment

Who are these mid majors that they speak of?

Comment

does this also mean that if the Shocks aren't on the list, we are officially not a "mid-major" anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDave View Post
            Who are these mid majors that they speak of?
            Those would be the teams in the Valley other than WSU. The Shockers have graduated from "that level."

Comment

When referring to the level of the Shocker's BB program, the most accurate term now is, ELITE.

Comment

I was about to post one of these :mad:. Instead, I get to post one of these :good:.
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Well then. CBS is finally acknowledging that WSU has officially graduated to Major level.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Damn... Creighton's really fallen on hard times this year - not even making the top 5 MM list. I would tell them all to sit down and have a drink to knock off the edge caused by that news, but considering the CU alumni/fanbase is essentially a massive liver transplant list I'm not sure that would be such a good recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Damn... Creighton's really fallen on hard times this year - not even making the top 5 MM list. I would tell them all to sit down and have a drink to knock off the edge caused by that news, but considering the CU alumni/fanbase is essentially a massive liver transplant list I'm not sure that would be such a good recommendation.
                      Haven't you heard? Since Creighton went to the new Big East, they're no longer considered mid major. At least that's how they see it.

Comment

"2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings" -NBC Sports

Guess who is no longer considered "Mid-Major"?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          "2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings" -NBC Sports

Guess who is no longer considered "Mid-Major"?
                          That little blurb about why they didn't include WSU was awesome.

Comment

Notice that Gonzaga and BYU were not listed, but St. Mary's was. Also missing are any teams from the BE, AAC, or Atl-10.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              Notice that Gonzaga and BYU were not listed, but St. Mary's was. Also missing are any teams from the BE, AAC, or Atl-10.
                              I get why one would exclude the MWC, AAC and BE from the list (although inferring those conferences in their respective entireties as "high-major" is also inaccurate), but why would the A10 not be treated in the exact same manner as the MVC or WCC?

Comment

Working...
                              X