Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2014-15: Preseason AP/Coaches Poll Predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2014-15: Preseason AP/Coaches Poll Predictions?

Where do you think the Shockers will average out in the combined Preseason AP/Coaches Poll this year?

As a point of reference, the AP and Coaches Polls both had the Shockers at #16 in last season's Preseason Poll.
    #5 or lower
    1.45%
    #6 to #8
    26.09%
    #9 to #11
    56.52%
    #12 to #14
    14.49%
    #15 or higher
    1.45%

The poll is expired.

This is how I think the AP/Coaches Polls will average out later this month:

#1 - Kentucky
    #2 - Duke
    #3 - Wisconsin
    #4 - Arizona
    #5 - Kansas
    #6 - North Carolina
    #7 - Virginia
    #8 - Louisville
    #9 - Florida
    #10 - The Wichita State Shockers

Comment

I would have picked top 10, but there's are too many voters that vote for the name on the front of the jersey and not what the people wearing the jersey can do.
      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

I think we start at #9.

Comment

#5 or lower, meaning closer to #1

Comment

What we think other people will think about what might happen......it's time for the season to start.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
              I would have picked top 10, but there's are too many voters that vote for the name on the front of the jersey and not what the people wearing the jersey can do.
              ^This. I think they're somewhere between 6 and 10, but the pollsters will not see it this way. Despite the good pub we've been given the past two years in particular, we're still not quite there for all of the pollsters to rank us appropriately.

Of course, I always like when they disrespect us because I think it just feeds the beast and that's always a dangerous thing for all of our opponents.

Comment

I agree in some ways, but I do think it helps in other ways. For example, it helps with recruiting, it helps with the recognition our coach gets and it helps with the overall all respect for our program.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                  Agreed, a high ranking pre-season doesn't do diddley for the team. The only benefit is the fan's pecker measuring contest.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                      Agreed, a high ranking pre-season doesn't do diddley for the team. The only benefit is the fan's pecker measuring contest. I'd much rather be disrespected for the motivation it provides.
                      Is there a LOOOOOONG waiting line for that contest.

Comment

Working...
                      X