If you could only choose one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could only choose one?

If you could only choose one outcome, which event would you choose?
    Final Four
    97.12%
    Undefeated Non-conference, Conference, and Conference Championship
    1.92%
    National Player of the Year
    0.96%

The poll is expired.

If anyone chooses anything but a "Final Four", I'll personally give them a 'flying drop kick' to the grapes.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

At one level, I know that the undefeated season is clearly the most impressive feat of the three options, but how you finish a season dictates so much (fair or not) about how the season is viewed both by the media and emotionally as a fan that a Final Four is hard to beat.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

If we were in a better conference, I would have to give that more thought. I want the best for Ron and Fred, but without a deep run it goes almost unnoticed. Creighton is Exhibit A for that.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
          If we were in a better conference, I would have to give that more thought. I want the best for Ron and Fred, but without a deep run it goes almost unnoticed. Creighton is Exhibit A for that.
          Only two things are better than reaching the Final Four -

1. Playing in the Finals

2. WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Hopefully this will be the Season the Shockers experience both of these "things"!

Comment

I picked Final Four, but after re-reading the question, all the choices are mostly interrelated.

We'd almost have to make it to the Final Four in order to have the National Player of the Year, since we aren't going to have a player who scores 30 points a game. Also, if we had an undefeated regular season (meaning a #1 seed), it would make it easier to get to the Final Four (assuming we don't get in a stacked regional) and also have a National Player of the Year.

Comment

Final 4 of course
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                If you could only choose one outcome, which event would you choose?
                I reject the premise that we can only have one. In fact, they kind of go hand-in-hand. If we achieve selection 2 there is a very good chance we can achieve selection 1 and if we get both 1 and 2 we could very well have selection 3 in the bag as well.

However, what would be the ultimate choice for me is not just making the Final Four, but winning a National Championship.

National POY would be nice, but is clearly the least important of the three selections you list.

Comment

Looks like a Creighton fan needs a kick...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There's always 1 richard out there.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

None of the above. I want a write-in candidate: national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        None of the above. I want a write-in candidate: national championship.
                        In which case you are voting Final Four because you can have a national championship with a Final Four and no undefeated season/poy, but you can't have a national championship in the absence of a Final Four.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

National Player of the Year - 1
                          Greetings sCUm fan/alky anon member!

Comment

Here's how a similar poll on the Blue Jay Underground would look:

If you could only chose one, which one would it be?
                            --Better ratings for our games than Golden Girls reruns at 3 am
                            --Free beer at the CLink for anyone wearing a sweater vest
                            --UNL basketball program gets the death penalty
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Fair enough, Hatter -- gotta get there first. I just don't want them to stop this time.

Comment

Working...
                              X