Selection Committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selection Committee

What would you say to the selection committee if you had the chance? My girlfriend is in charge of the law school tailgate at Wake Forest and there's a good chance the AD shows up. This man was the head of the selection committee for the NCAA tourney. What do you want me to ask him? I might just kick his ass...

How long is list of teams who have requested Creighton as an opponent in the round of 32?
    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
      How long is list of teams who have requested Creighton as an opponent in the round of 32?
      bahahahaha!

Comment

Is that in the CBI or the CIT?
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

POTY nominee.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

El Capitan, you did so good.

Gracias.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I would without hesitation ask him why did they feel the need to "stack" the bracket last year against Wichita St.

Was it to prove a point???
              Was it an attempt to keep a non-BCS team from another Final Four???
              Did the selection committee receive a nice under the table payday from KU?
              What the hell???

When all the national media admits and reports on the bracket being suspiciously "stacked".....it does beg for a reasonable and appropriate answer.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina_Shock View Post
                What would you say to the selection committee if you had the chance? My girlfriend is in charge of the law school tailgate at Wake Forest and there's a good chance the AD shows up. This man was the head of the selection committee for the NCAA tourney. What do you want me to ask him? I might just kick his ass...
                I'm a little late to the party; ask him if these guys are still in charge?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  I would without hesitation ask him why did they feel the need to "stack" the bracket last year against Wichita St.

Was it to prove a point???
                  Was it an attempt to keep a non-BCS team from another Final Four???
                  Did the selection committee receive a nice under the table payday from KU?
                  What the hell???

When all the national media admits and reports on the bracket being suspiciously "stacked".....it does beg for a reasonable and appropriate answer.
                  I'd argue that Kentucky got just as screwed as we did.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

As did Michigan and Louisville.

But more importantly, the other 12 teams in that region that had zero chance on Selection Sunday.

Comment

I seem to remember John Calipari screaming as loud, if not louder, than anyone.

Comment

I don't like the whining about a "stacked bracket." That's something that losers do, like Creighton fans who complain that they've never reached the second weekend only because they've had such a hard bracket every time.

Our bracket was tough but it was tough for everyone, and it took one of Kentucky's best games to beat us. Not just their best game of the season, but one of their best games in the history of their program. After that game, Kentucky wasn't even full strength anymore, and they were still good enough to advance to the National Championship. They got hot at the right time and that's just how the NCAA Tournament is.

They did to us what we did to Gonzaga the previous year. That's how March is and that's exactly why the Big Dance is perhaps the most enjoyable sporting event out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                          I don't like the whining about a "stacked bracket." That's something that losers do, like Creighton fans who complain that they've never reached the second weekend only because they've had such a hard bracket every time.

Our bracket was tough but it was tough for everyone, and it took one of Kentucky's best games to beat us. Not just their best game of the season, but one of their best games in the history of their program. After that game, Kentucky wasn't even full strength anymore, and they were still good enough to advance to the National Championship. They got hot at the right time and that's just how the NCAA Tournament is.

They did to us what we did to Gonzaga the previous year. That's how March is and that's exactly why the Big Dance is perhaps the most enjoyable sporting event out there.
                          Agreed. The bracket was loaded. But I WANTED to go through Kentucky, Louisville and Duke/Michigan on the way to the F4. Nothing cheap about it, taking down national powerhouses as we went. It didn't work out that way, but it was a lot of fun. I'm hoping for another chance at it this year.

Also, it's important to remember that Kentucky had really earned their seed with their season. You could make a pretty decent argument for a 6-7 seed, and you could make an argument that LVille was under-seeded, but you'd probably be using arguments that, as a WSU fan might annoy you under different circumstances. Louisville had a deliberately abysmal Non-Con SOS. Kentucky was a 10-loss team that lost their league by 6 games and was under .500 against the Top50.
                          Last edited by Cdizzle; October 10, 2014, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            I'd argue that Kentucky got just as screwed as we did.
                            +1, KW. You can bet the farm that WSU was not who Kentucky wanted to see as their second opponent. K-State? No problem. And maybe even The Flagship next, considering Embiid's health issues. But there's NFW the real Wildcats did not welcome an early game with the Shocks, and they were breathing many sighs of relief when they survived it.

Comment

wichita state, for all intents and purposes, was treated as though they were considered to be the fourth best #1 seed, what with the selection committee giving them the least favorable matchups among all #1 seeds. never mind that the shockers finished ranked #2 in the country and had been leapfrogged many times by other less deserving teams in the final third of the season.

boo-hoo for uk. they got to play in st. lou and indianapolis.. they should have been sent out west as a #4 or #5
                              Last edited by another shocker; October 10, 2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X