X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't almost feel bad.....

I feel sick to my stomach.

Below, read what was sent from the moderator of the Indiana State board:

I don't think it can be argued that Greg does more with less than any other Missouri Valley head coach. Despite having the second lowest basketball budget in the Missouri Valley behind Southern Illinois, Greg has ripped off a 79-54 record in four seasons (a 59.4% winning percentage) that is the best four year stretch since the late 70s when Larry Legend dominated the court.

We've talked about crowd funding before on Sycamore Pride and we've even contacted Ron Prettyman and John Sherman and nothing came of it. Well, when I was at the Alumni Association tailgate before the Indiana game, I spoke with Assistant Development Officer for Athletics Geoff Giauque. Geoff has some great ideas, but what impressed me the most was he actually asked for ideas. I explained to him that we had wanted to do a crowd funding project so there could be a tangible goal and benefit rather than just donating money and not knowing where it went.

I had mentioned to him that I had been told by several players that the home white jerseys felt like "sandpaper" and "flannel" and needed replaced. He then told me a story about how he was sitting on the baseline at a game last year and could see the remnants of "Kelly" on Manny Arop's jersey. So Manny was wearing the same jersey that Jake Kelly wore. Seriously. I then reached out to Greg and he told me that he did want to order new sets of both home and away jerseys and they ran $3k per set. So it's time to put our money where our mouths are. I'm looking for are 59 other Sycamore Pride members, alumni, students or fans of the program to join me and make a $100 donation to the Sycamore Athletic Foundation to Indiana State Men's Basketball.

I will be working with Geoff to keep me updated on how many people have donated so we can track our progress. If you are interested in being one of the 60 fine Sycamore supporters, please give Geoff Giauque a call at (812) 514-8451 letting him know you want to donate towards the Sycamore Pride crowdfunding project and he will get you taken care of.

Go Sycamores!
    Jason Svoboda

Seriously? Please tell me that's not real....and if it is, maybe it's time we just go independent.

I know, I just got the same email and was going to post it. Sad state of affairs for the league.

Comment

Wait, Indy St can't afford jerseys? That can't be real.

How much money do they get directly from WSU's NCAA success? Can that be our crowd funding contribution to the cause? Or did all if that go to football or something?

Comment

Maybe they should go to Creighton's games, hang out in the parking lot until it's over, and collect beer cans for their jerseys?

And ... isn't buying tickets "crowd funding"?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Son of wookie aka daddies boys college roommate is selling all of his workout clothes for charity. Maybe shocker nation can buy them and send to Indiana

Comment

Kudos to the guy who sent the email for trying to remedy an embarrassing situation and help the players.

That said, what a pathetic state of affairs.

Comment

I just threw up in my mouth. Sad, sad, days.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Wow. How much state money does IU get as opposed to Indy St? Isn't there some sort funding at a bare minimum that each gets for uniforms and ya know, the essential **** necessary to have a division 1 basketball progrum.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

oops, I didn't see this one.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Maybe they could have a carwash or a bake sale.....don't they have any livestock that they could sell.

Seriously, kudos to the guy that is trying to raise money but that is more than ridiculous. Can't someone let Larry Bird know the problem. Maybe he could give them some of the Pacers jersey's or something

Comment

I am really upset. Indy St is one of my favorite Valley schools. When I fantasize about my perfect conference, they are in it because I just have a thing for them. Knowing just how bad off they have it upsets me. I really hope they find a way to be successful.

Comment

Hey I know! Maybe they ought to shut down their football program ... that'd be like ... 80 jerseys they don't have to buy for a team that loses them a helluva lot of money. Was their football team really 1 - 11 last year? 1 ... freaking ... win?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Hey I know! Maybe they ought to shut down their football program ... that'd be like ... 80 jerseys they don't have to buy for a team that loses them a helluva lot of money. Was their football team really 1 - 11 last year? 1 ... freaking ... win?
                          They will be AMAZED at how much easier it is to run a successful athletic program without spending all their resources on a losing football team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Oooh, tough loss to South Dakota last year. They were only one soccer player short of taking that one beyond regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              They will be AMAZED at how much easier it is to run a successful athletic program without spending all their resources on a losing football team.
                              That's my current thinking to save the Valley. The entire conference should just stop playing football. Seriously, just stop. Funnel the overflow of money into basketball and we'd make the original Big East look bad. Oh and enrollment numbers would skyrocket at all the schools if WSU is any indication. Apparently you don't need football -- apparently you just need a president with vision and a hall-of-fame-in-waiting basketball coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X