Rhythm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhythm

I have often wondered about the definition of rhythm as used in a sports sense. I have a notion about it, but what is a strict definition, if such exists? Is it sorta like being on the "same page."

Often coaches, broadcasters and others talk about a team or player being in rhythm or out of rhythm.

In a sports context, just what in the heck is rhythm?

Just wondering out here in remote Sedgwick County.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Speaking of "Rhythm"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You can count on @WstateU:. As reliable as FVV

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
        This has zero to do with rhythm. It's just funny. We had a prankster at work yesterday. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1632[/ATTACH]
        Yikes! Thank the Good Lord that didn't happen to me; I had some bad Mexican food last night that's been givin' me fits.

Comment

Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its bobsled time!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            I have often wondered about the definition of rhythm as used in a sports sense. I have a notion about it, but what is a strict definition, if such exists? Is it sorta like being on the "same page."

Often coaches, broadcasters and others talk about a team or player being in rhythm or out of rhythm.

In a sports context, just what in the heck is rhythm?

Just wondering out here in remote Sedgwick County.
            This is how I use it:

When used to describe an individual player it means the players mechanics are especially dialed in -- that his form, technique, and tempo are in tune.

When used to describe a team it means they are all reading each other and executing the play in a particularly effective and coordinated manner. For example they are constantly spaced appropriately, they are using open space efficiently, leading passes with spot-on timing, each player knows where the other player is without even having to look, etc.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

NBA players are probably in rhythm more often than college players because the NBA allows music to be played during live action.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                This is how I use it:

When used to describe an individual player it means the players mechanics are especially dialed in -- that his form, technique, and tempo are in tune.

When used to describe a team it means they are all reading each other and executing the play in a particularly effective and coordinated manner. For example they are constantly spaced appropriately, they are using open space efficiently, leading passes with spot-on timing, each player knows where the other player is without even having to look, etc.
                Wow! That wasn't a funny answer at all?? :disillusionment: :tongue-new:

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  This is how I use it:

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Wow! That wasn't a funny answer at all?? :disillusionment: :tongue-new:
                  Yes, still waiting for the 'punch line'...

Comment

Nice answer by KW. It's also a word with lots of consonants and and only one unusual vowel.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      Nice answer by KW. It's also a word with lots of consonants and and only one unusual vowel.
                      A Scrabble word. Not many words with two h's, which are separated by other letters.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        A Scrabble word. Not many words with two h's, which are separated by other letters.
                        Hah! Horseshit thought, through and through, huh?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

For me Rhythm was having confidence that everything was in synch. Shooting is a lot of timing. Can't shoot too slow or too fast (rushing your shot). When you've got rhythym you don't second anything you just catch and shoot and it goes in.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

It's a word I can't frickin spell.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              It's a word I can't frickin spell.
                              Just remember, it has two h's.

Sorta like hashhead, fishhook and ....aarrghh.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X