David Never Goliath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Never Goliath

The David Never Goliath movement is not one of inferiority versus superiority. Rather it is one involving schools who are not cherished and left out of major NCAA decisions. These schools are claimed to have their interests truly taken into consideration by the NCAA Division I board, but its makeup still puts them at a minority even though they are the true majority. These under-appreciated schools are the true heart of the NCAA. Cinderella stories do not just define David schools for one season, rather these schools have a tradition and history of basketball just as deep-rooted as the “power-five.” The David Never Goliath movement is here to flip the script and bring these schools to national media prominence and appreciation. Wichita will be a part of our first David poll that comes out during the month of October. We need your support! Follow us @LedbyDavid on Twitter! We are your personal hype service! www.davidnevergoliath.wordpress.com!

I realize that 21 people have seen this and nobody has put any action forth. I am asking you from the bottom of the David Never Goliath staff's hearts to help us get off our feet on follow us on Twitter! You will not be disappointed!

Comment

I'm sorry, but you're barking up the wrong tree here. Our team, our coach, our school, our fans are tired of being David. We are no longer in the depths of the NCAA. Our players cut their teeth on championships. We don't seek a once in 20 year success from a lucky shot. Our players seek to destroy all comers, and our peers are of blue blood. There is no David here.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Ooh! I can't wait to see our write-up right next to UMKC and Lipscomb! A dream come true for us!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Echoing previous sentiments, while I enjoy rooting for the underdog as much as anyone, at this moment in time you're posting on a Goliath board and if you don't realize that, you aren't paying attention.

Comment

I suggest you read Malcolm Gladwell if you truly believe that

Comment

We are Goliath killers, not a Goliath, by definition and fact. Until we are invited to and join a Goliath conference and/or regularly participate in home and matchups with other Goliaths, that will be our reality.

If we want disassociate ourselves from the Davids to avoid being labeled as one, so be it.
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I agree with Joco. I see the point of others that our success has moved us from a certain category but the truth remains that the BCS conferences try to stack the deck and it is only going to get worse as we move into the era of new kinds of compensation for players. Gonzaga to me remains squarely on the side of David only a very good shot against a slower stupider enemy. To continue the metaphor I might liken our success to choosing a nice sling and a gathering a pocket full of well-shaped stones.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

It is my take from reading @DavidNeverGoliath: @LeadByDavid post that this is a group advocating administrative change within the NCAA. The change advocated is based the plurality of members, which are the majority of member schools. This vast majority are schools outside the power-5 BS schools. The rest of the "David's" paragraph underscores that programs outside the power 5 have just as much, if not more tradition. I think folks get fixated on the use of the word "Cinderella".

Go Shocks!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I definitely support the non power 5 schools coming together in some way and organizing themselves to fight irrelevancy. We are more comparable to schools in power 5 conferences than to most mid majors, but we are not going to be in those conferences since we don't have football.

If a movement starts to raise awareness of the need for everyone else to stay relevant and not turn into a basketball version of FBS versus FCS, I am all for it.

I will not be happy if our future is to dominate the lower level of basketball with Gonzaga but not get a chance to truly compete for the true national title. These expected changes, depending on how they go, are the kind of changes that could force us into irrelevancy and kill our tradition. You bet we will lose Marshall, too, if we aren't able to play for championships. Who would blame him. Imagine what it would do to our proud fans if we learned that we were now a member of the basketball FCS. That can't happen.

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Now THAT could raise serious $$$$ for some wothry cause.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Now THAT could raise serious $$$$ for some wothry cause.
                          i sorry you were saying?
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            I definitely support the non power 5 schools coming together in some way and organizing themselves to fight irrelevancy. We are more comparable to schools in power 5 conferences than to most mid majors, but we are not going to be in those conferences since we don't have football.

If a movement starts to raise awareness of the need for everyone else to stay relevant and not turn into a basketball version of FBS versus FCS, I am all for it.

I will not be happy if our future is to dominate the lower level of basketball with Gonzaga but not get a chance to truly compete for the true national title. These expected changes, depending on how they go, are the kind of changes that could force us into irrelevancy and kill our tradition. You bet we will lose Marshall, too, if we aren't able to play for championships. Who would blame him. Imagine what it would do to our proud fans if we learned that we were now a member of the basketball FCS. That can't happen.
                            I couldn't agree more with everything DJ06Shocker said. I would love to see the non-power five conferences band together and tell the power five how things are going to be. But that will never happen. Of the 18 university presidents on the Division 1 board of directors, 13 preside over non-power five university's. Of those 13, only two voted against autonomy. And it doesn't appear there are even 75 (required number for an override) non-power five university's willing to override that vote. So what do you do?

Then, an outsider comes here insinuating WSU is a David (metaphorically speaking), when most of us believe WSU is more like a Goliath. It's bad enough having to hear that shat from those power five bastards, now we also have to hear it from somebody who supports the David's. Ouch!

I wonder if the members of the Big East, AAC or the MWC consider themselves Davids?
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

i would venture to guess that the op doesn't know that wichita state should already have a national championship (final four, even without stallworth and bowman). gregg marshall knows it. give him five more years here and he will win a national championship. <-

Comment

Working...
                              X