• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games moving to KEYN FM

Yesssss!!!!!

This is great news!

Comment

Does a "stronger and more consistent signal" equate to a larger geograpic range/watts, or whatever the measurement?

Comment

Dunno bout all of the compass but there is no comparison out west.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          This is great news!
          I have never seen you this excited

Also, I concur.

Comment

Coverage map

Only to Pratt?

I know the trend is toward internet, but I feel its a loss for Volleyball and women's basketball.

Comment

I wonder if we'll have to pay to listen to volleyball......

Comment

I thought AM stations could be picked up in remote areas when FM. channels struggle and would fade in and out?
                Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                  I thought AM stations could be picked up in remote areas when FM. channels struggle and would fade in and out?
                  FM is line of sight and based on signal strength. AM uses the ground for much of its transmission. Depending on soil conditions, especially at night, a strong AM signal can travel a long, long way. Also, all other factors being equal, lower on the AM dial travels furthest.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Well, at night, AM 1330 goes almost, but not quite, to Cheney, KS.

Comment

Sound quality is better with FM. AM uses amplitude to "carry" the sound and that amplitude is more likely to be affected by "noise".

Comment

Well, at night, AM 1330 goes almost, but not quite, to Cheney, KS.
                        That's because they are allowed to "turn up" the power after certain times, based on who owns what etc.

The technology to produce an AM wave costs much less than FM.

Comment

This is great news!
                          I honestly never thought I'd live to see this day; I literally have tears in my eyes... actually there are tears in my beer.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I just did a very unscientific test. In Hutchinson, KS at 9:40 pm, August 27, 2014, a Bose radio was tuned to 1330 and with 1970's rotating the radio etc., you could get a scratchy listen. When tuned to 103.7, the stereo light pops on and Rod Stewart was singing, "Tonight's the Night".

I am pleased. I will actually enjoy the pre and post games, and not have to fend off the family's harping about "How can you listen through the static?"

Because it's the Shockers....That's why.
                            Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Sound quality is better with FM. AM uses amplitude to "carry" the sound and that amplitude is more likely to be affected by "noise".
                              Also, as I said earlier, AM uses ground transmission so signal interference can kill AM in buildings, parking garages, bridges and tunnels. However AM can get over mountains, FM cannot. And since all of the mountains are west, the good FM is all east of the turnpike.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                              X