2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014-15 Media Love Thread

Freddy's Hometown getting in on the action.
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; 2 days ago.

Glad to see your post. Check your pm

Comment

Comment

Nice photo bomb by John "Pretty Boy" Higgins

Comment

"This is the program where no names come to make a name for themselves"
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I wish HCGM would say "I am not leaving, that's it!" The media acts like there's no way he won't leave.

Comment

Already staring with the will he leave or not. I personally am not worried. You can only eat so many hamburgers. Plus the left out the fact he has a daughter in school still.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                I wish HCGM would say "I am not leaving, that's it!" The media acts like there's no way he won't leave.
                I feel that over the last year Marshall has made about as strong a series of statements as anyone at any program could expect out of a coach about their level of long term commitment to a program.

The media speculation isn't rooted in what Marshall has said or not said, but rather in a media narrative about the inevitability of the lure of the Big 5 that will continue to circulate no matter what Marshall and other coaches say.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

He's to smart to ever say Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                    Even if Marshall plans on retiring here at this point, I don't think that he would ever say, "I am not leaving." He's a smart man and knows that college basketball is very fluid and that there are a lot of variables way beyond anyone's control.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

He can't say "Never" for all kinds of reasons. The first thing that pops in my head is the "what-if's".

What if at some point a new AD at Wichita comes in and says they can't pay him anymore?
                      or what-if a new AD says Wichita St. is tapped out to be able to raise his salary again at some point in the future.
                      or 10 years from now an AD says we can't renovate basketball facilities (lockerooms, etc.)
                      on...and on...and on....

Then GM says "Wow....I love coaching at Wichita but things have changed in the schools administration and I gotta go."
                      Then all the backlash comes from fans crying...."but you said "NEVER!!!!" Lol

So he can't say "never". Nor can any coach for that matter.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

If Marshall ever comes out and says never....THEN I'll get worried.

Comment

Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Yep. You got to take what is reported in the national media with a grain of salt. HCGM is brilliant at playing their game. What a stroke of genius to have reported that WSU only recruits no-names and the very next day a 4-star #87 recruit announces he has committed to WSU. The man is simply a genius. Don't let the national media get under your skin or worry you. Well said, enjoy the ride.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I was doing a search for Marshall's coaching tree and found an article about Gregg Marshall from the Kentucky Sports website. This is before the Kentucky / Wichita State game. There's also an interview with Fred VanVleet. I don't think it's been posted anywhere on Shockernet, but I might have missed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X