Jamar Howard Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamar Howard Article

How can you not love where this program is on the court AND off the court?

Love this...

Im sure the students at SE are happy with this. jamar has a great personality and he definitely was the "hate em if he wasnt with us but loved him because he was" type of player/guy. Glad to hear he is doing well. I've seen him up at the South YMCA quite a bit but never really stopped and talked to him. He always has a big smile and says hello. Very interesting to hear about him and Turgeon though.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
      Very interesting to hear about him and Turgeon though.
      I know other guys who played for Mark who speak quite fondly of him, so I'm not sure I buy that Mark didn't care about their personal lives. Maybe Jamar didn't have that relationship with him, but I can't think that Mark shunned everyone who played for him.
      Last edited by WuShock16; August 21, 2014, 01:16 PM.
      78-65

Comment

I don't know much about Turgeon, but you cannot deny that Coach Marshall has been much more active with bringing back the old guys. It's good to see former players getting involved and being around the program.

Comment

Jamar is a first ballot entry in the Play Angry Hall of Fame.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            There is "Play Angry" and there is "make the people you play angry."

He was a master of both.

Someone like Tekele, on the other hand, plays angry and makes the people he plays...cry/give up/need to see a psychiatrist.

Comment

I would have loved to see Jamaar play under Marshall
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Good for Jamar. I am glad things are going well for him.

Comment

Nice piece. Great to see that Jamar and his family are doing well. I wish him nothing but the best.

My respect for HCGM has went up another notch after reading this. Yeah, I didn't think there was another notch, but I was wrong. Welcoming JH in, embracing him, helping him, taking an interest in him, is.....well.....truly special. When you have a high integrity guy at the helm, it rubs off on everyone. We are all the better for it.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

Yep! The loudest I have ever heard Koch arena in my lifetime was his three in OT against Florida State. Huge props to HCGM for circling the wagons and making it not about him or his guys but the WSU family. Awesome to see Jamar grow up and become a role model. It's funny how life works. Could anyone on here have predicted that Jamar Howard would one day be in law enforcement? Lol. Great article, go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                      Could anyone on here have predicted that Jamar Howard would one day be in law enforcement?
                      Honestly?

Last edited by WstateU; August 21, 2014, 04:53 PM.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Honestly?
                        I would concur with Shockerman. That is the loudest I can recall Koch in my experience.

Comment

The one time I spoke with Jamar was his senior year. I asked him what he wanted to do after basketball and his answer was "fireman". So I'm not surprised to see him in a public service role.

As for Turgeon not having a relationship with his players beyond basketball, it's not the first time I've heard that. I'm more surprised that Jamar cut ties with the rest of the staff, ie. Boyle.

I'm glad he's got his life going in a positive direction.

Comment

It's interesting that when things weren't going good, he came back to Wichita, and the current staff, who never knew him, helped him out. Also good to see he decided to stay in Wichita.

I agree with ShockerDropOut. Marshall showing care and respect for a former player he never jknew sys a lot about Marshall's character.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Good on Jamar and good on Marshall. WSU rocks.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X