Most Hated College Basketball Team in Each State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Hated College Basketball Team in Each State

It's probably easy to guess which college basketball programs are the most hated around the United States, but thanks to one Redditor , kmhokies35, we have a state-by-state breakdown...

We do not make an appearance, but some of the states are pretty interesting.

HA! Creighton is the most hated team in Nebraska? That's hilarious!
    78-65

Comment

That's pretty funny! Duke wins by a landslide and KU is hated in big 12 country. Creighton is the only school (except maybe Duke) hated in its own state.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Mississippi State hated in Mississippi.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          That's pretty funny! Duke wins by a landslide and KU is hated in big 12 country. Creighton is the only school (except maybe Duke) hated in its own state.
          Mississippi State.

As for Creighton being hated in Nebraska, that's really a given. Nebraska is a football state. Nebraska is the state school. Nebraska has always sucked at basketball and Creighton routinely beats them. Outside of Omaha, you will not find many people that follow Creighton, and those that do, hate Creighton for beating Nebraska.

If Kansas had the balls to play Wichita State and Wichita State stated winning the series, Wichita State would knock out Missouri as the most hated team. It's just big school jealousy and an inferiority complex. With Nebraska starting to take basketball seriously, it would be interesting to see if Nebraska beating Creighton a few times would change this. Probably not as Nebraska doesn't have any tradition and nobody would know who else to hate.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Louisville is hated in their own state as well
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Washington, Arizona State and possibly New Mexico State as well. I can't figure out the logo pictured over New Mexico.

Comment

BYU.

Comment

I'm just a geek. I love looking at maps.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    Washington, Arizona State and possibly New Mexico State as well. I can't figure out the logo pictured over New Mexico.
                    The one over New Mexico and Nevada is San Diego State.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                      The one over New Mexico and Nevada is San Diego State.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Creighton is the only school (except maybe Duke) hated in its own state.
                        Not even close. From left to right, I've got:

Washington in WA
                        Arizona St in AZ
                        BYU in Utah
                        Louisville in KY
                        Mississippi St in MS
                        North Carolina in NC
                        Seton Hall in NJ
                        Boston College in MA

Comment

Yep, there were some others after all, but Creighton is the only crappy mid major with no students who is going to be last place in the MID MAJOR EAST on that list who is hated in their own state.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            Yep, there were some others after all, but Creighton is the only crappy mid major with no students who is going to be last place in the MID MAJOR EAST on that list who is hated in their own state.
                            This, this, and this.

But they are on the superstation FS1.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              This, this, and this.

But they are on the superstation FS1.
                              Hey Fev, which network is carrying their MTE games?
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                              X