Diamond Head Classic Bracket Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Head Classic Bracket Announced

The Shockers will face Loyola Marymount in the first round at 10pm CST on Monday, December 22. The game will air on ESPNU.

In the second game, the Shockers will face the winner/loser of Nebraska v. Hawaii at 8pm CST (win) on Tuesday, December 23rd on ESPN2, or 10:30pm CST (loss) on Tuesday, December 23rd on ESPNU.

http://espnevents.com/diamond-head-classic/bracket/

Well, the key is to play Nebraska in round 2 and CU in the championship.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Well, atleast we probably won't have to play DePaul again. :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        Well, atleast we probably won't have to play DePaul again. :yahoo:
        Everyone celebrating that we won't play DePaul needs to check themselves. We will play DePaul. DePaul will do well in this tournament and face us, where we will beat them by 20. Then, they will forget everything that happened in this tournament and go on to finish last in the MID MAJOR EAST and have an RPI of 190.

Comment

Eamonn Brennn's ESPN article:

Editor’s note: It’s time to reveal the fields for some of college basketball’s biggest early-season tournaments. Follow along as we break down each bracket.

Colorado will have had an entire offseason plus six weeks to figure out how to play without Spencer Dinwiddie (as opposed to the post-injury midseason adjustment the Buffaloes impressively weathered last spring), and Askia Booker is still handling the ball. George Washington returns three key players (Kethan Savage, Kevin Larsen, Patricio Garino) from last season's breakthrough tourney team. Nebraska is way ahead of schedule under Tim Miles, whose Hawaii tweets should be fantastic. And then there's big, bad Wichita State, which is not something you'd have ever thought to say about Wichita State three years ago. After a Final Four run (2013) and a 35-1 season (2014), the Shockers are the favorite wherever they go.
          Colorado and (especially) Nebraska are interesting teams. The Cornhuskers should hover around the Top 25 all season. But when I look at the Diamond Head Classic breakdown, one thought comes to mind: I can't wait to watch Wichita State play.
          Just some of the good things Brennan had to say about the Shox. I believe the Shox have arrived as a national name brand.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

They are definitely the draw for ESPN

Comment

SIAP
              Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic (Schedule subject to change)
              Date Time (MT) Game Network
              Mon, Dec. 22 12:30 p.m. Ohio vs. George Washington ESPNU
              2:30 p.m. DePaul vs. Colorado ESPNU
              9:00 p.m.
              11:00 p.m.
              Loyola Marymount vs. Wichita State
              Nebraska vs. Hawaii
              ESPNU
              ESPNU
              Tue, Dec. 23 12:30 p.m. Consolation #1 ESPNU
              2:30 p.m. Semifinal #1 ESPNU
              7:00 p.m. Semifinal #2 ESPN2
              9:30 p.m. Consolation #2 ESPNU
              Thu, Dec. 25 11:30 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. 7th-place Game ESPNU or ESPN3
              11:30 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. 5th-place Game ESPNU or ESPN3
              4:30 p.m. 3rd-place Game ESPN2
              6:30 p.m. Championship Game ESPN2
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Anyone concerned about the Hurricane Warnings issued for Hawaii and the potential impact on our games there?

Comment

Yes, I'm hoping it misses the Islands. I don't want the home we've rented to be blown away or any of the beauty diminished.

Comment

Well, never seen two storms line up in an area not prone to storms.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Anyone concerned about the Hurricane Warnings issued for Hawaii and the potential impact on our games there?
                      The report I saw stated that both Iselle and Julio are expected to weaken to tropical storm status by the time the reach Hawaii. So I would not expect any damage that would impact the Diamondhead Classic or travel to Hawaii at that time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        I doubt it. The projection of the storms will impact the Big Island the most and, a little less, Maui, with Oahu and Kauai a much lesser degree.

Comment

Brennan obviously isn't thinking of WSU's recent history with DePaul. DJ06 called it -- Colorado is doomed.

Comment

Working...
                          X