Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can Wichita State Build on its two best years in history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can Wichita State Build on its two best years in history?

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Actually the Shocks have averaged 29.2 wins per season over the past 5 seasons (30.2 over the past 4 seasons). Just another of what has become an average season would not be terrible. Of course, a strong run in the NCAA to top off any season is certainly a big plus.

Comment

Building, imho, at this point is all about infrastructure. We need to grow the University, the financial support, the fandom and our national footprint while the basketball program is front and center. The program is all but at the pinnacle of the basketball world right now. The work, the growth, is for the rest of us.

Comment

As they say you must strike when the iron is hot. I believe President Bardo and WSU is following that old saying to the T. They unveiling of the projected growth, the building of the new residence hall and the vision of the new tech campus and business school does not happen without the increased focus on WSU that has been brought about by what is happening on the athletic fields and courts.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Building, imho, at this point is all about infrastructure. We need to grow the University, the financial support, the fandom and our national footprint while the basketball program is front and center. The program is all but at the pinnacle of the basketball world right now. The work, the growth, is for the rest of us.
          I hadn't been in Wichita in a year and a half, but I visited last weekend. We've already done a phenomenal job of this, IMHO. I couldn't believe how good the RSC and new dorms look. It's a radically different campus already.

Comment

As usual @WuDrWu: astutely presented the big picture on the direction of our University. While our basketball program plays a big part, it's about so much more. I really feel that WSU is on the cusp of reaching the next level in academics and growth. I believe that we are seeing a new level of interest on a national level from potential students that would have never been interested in our university previously. While the national prominence of our basketball program has played a large role in this, the aggressive marketing campaign of the Bardo administration is capitalizing on this profound opportunity. As @jdshock: succinctly pointed out our campus has already been transformed by the renovated RSC as well as the prominence of the robust and glimmering Shocker Hall at the heart of the campus. What's more, the eloquent prose of @pogo: reminds us that what we are seeing is merely the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more that is just around the corner with the new Innovations Campus, the Koch Global Trading Center, and the trajectory of the growth of the University.

I know that for so many of us SN'ers that the passion for WSU is not only for the basketball program, but for the overall success of the University. On the brink of such great things, it is up to us, those that profoundly love this University, to see this vision realized.

Go Shockers!
            Last edited by Shocker-maniac; August 2, 2014, 09:47 PM.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

This seems like it's a move in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                This seems like it's a move in the right direction.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/edu...le1254038.html
                Yes. It is. But man there are lots of memories at that place. Sad to see it go.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  Yes. It is. But man there are lots of memories at that place. Sad to see it go.
                  I have fond memories of playing golf during my grad school days; fee was fifty cents a round and one could walk as desired. But I am pleased the University is finally making use of the land to expand the campus as originally planned.

Comment

Working...
                  X