Cubs are following the Royals lead: Wichita Sta--, er, MVC day at Wrigley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs are following the Royals lead: Wichita Sta--, er, MVC day at Wrigley

I just saw a special that the Chicago Cubs are having at Wrigley Field on August 6th: Missouri Valley Conference Day. The Cubbies apparently know who's boss, though, because the announcement begins with "Missouri Valley Conference Day: Attention all Wichita State students and alums" and explains that it's the forst annual MVC day and fans who buy that ticket get an MVC shirt. Also, where you select what tickets you want an how many, it says something like "Wichita State ticket ---". Wichita State is the Valley. So, to everyone who was at the Loyola game at CKA East in Chicago, enjoy your baseball game!

Do you have a link? I'm guessing you just saw an advertisement from Wichita State. MVC day isn't on the Cubs' promotion schedule, so it's probably just being promoted by each individual school. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong though...

Comment

The Cubs are in Denver on August 6th, so I don't think they will be having a MVC day...

Comment

Wrong forum in any case, unless for some reason the Cubs are having a Missouri Valley basketball day, which would be possibly the most obscure promotion idea ever.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          Do you have a link? I'm guessing you just saw an advertisement from Wichita State. MVC day isn't on the Cubs' promotion schedule, so it's probably just being promoted by each individual school. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong though...
          It was actually on the Cubs' website. I can't link it right now but Paul Suellentrop tweeted out the link at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
            The Cubs are in Denver on August 6th, so I don't think they will be having a MVC day...
            Yeah it's wrong. It's actually September 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox_dm View Post
              It was actually on the Cubs' website. I can't link it right now but Paul Suellentrop tweeted out the link at some point.
              http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/MLBE...36&pid=7618720
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

It will run you $45 a seat... I'd rather save that for a road trip to Evansville to watch the game

Comment

Originally posted by goshox_dm View Post
                  Like this?

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                    I'd rather save that for a road trip to Evansville
                    The things we do as Shocker fans...

Comment

Working...
                    X