Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall Wichita State Pick and Roll Actions

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Now I know what many of you are thinking, "WHAT?!? Our bread and butter has been X'd and O'd and published for every scout this side of the Atlantic Ocean to review?!?!"

But just remember what Kung Wu say, "If do right, no can defense."
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

[QUOTE=Kung Wu;498647]Now I know what many of you are thinking, "WHAT?!? Our bread and butter has been X'd and O'd and published for every scout this side of the Atlantic Ocean to review?!?!"
      /QUOTE]

Not me, KW. Any coaching staff in the Valley could have written the same article last season; they just wouldn't have had the video from the game against Kentucky to include. Besides, the pick and roll plays accounted for just one-fifth of WSU's possessions, which leaves the other four-fifths still to be accounted for.

Speaking of Kentucky, my favorite line from the article was this one: "Eventually, they were upset in the 2nd round by the Kentucky Wildcats who began playing up to expectations when it counted." Yes, UPSET -- nice to see someone recognize in print that it was an upset, as indeed it was, for the preseason #1, with its fanbase's closets full of 40-0 T-shirts, to squeak out an upset over Wichita State.

Fast lane, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Now I know what many of you are thinking, "WHAT?!? Our bread and butter has been X'd and O'd and published for every scout this side of the Atlantic Ocean to review?!?!"

But just remember what Kung Wu say, "If do right, no can defense."
        If there is any coach in the country that is surprised by what they see and hear in the video, well, just glad we have HCGM at the helm. KW is right, no defense when it is ran right.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

Man, we have the greatest coach in the nation!
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

It's easy to watch the games in real time and think - "Wow, they left him open".

The reason they "left him open" is because they were forced to cover someone else. The players have to find the uncovered player. Everyone on the court for the Shox needs good court vision.

It's only when I see the shot and then go back and replay (usually several times) that I see how the open shot was created. That stuff happens FAST! It's no wonder it takes players some time to learn Marshall's system. And all these variations on a pick-and-roll are only 20% of what the Shox run!

Then throw in that D and boards seem to be the main emphasis of Marshall's coaching.

I don't think we need to worry about players being academically eligible. Learning Marshall's system , his D, and his rebounding strategy is probably easier than acing a junior-level physics course.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              It's easy to watch the games in real time and think - "Wow, they left him open".

The reason they "left him open" is because they were forced to cover someone else. The players have to find the uncovered player. Everyone on the court for the Shox needs good court vision.

It's only when I see the shot and then go back and replay (usually several times) that I see how the open shot was created. That stuff happens FAST! It's no wonder it takes players some time to learn Marshall's system. And all these variations on a pick-and-roll are only 20% of what the Shox run!

Then throw in that D and boards seem to be the main emphasis of Marshall's coaching.

I don't think we need to worry about players being academically eligible. Learning Marshall's system , his D, and his rebounding strategy is probably easier than acing a junior-level physics course.
              wichita state ranked 18th in the country in pick and roll offense, but they had more posessions than all 17 teams ranked ahead of them.. that's because they defend and rebound first and foremost. see how that works? defense begets offense is THE way to go.. fast break city shockers. but in marshall's system i wouldn't rank it defense #1 and offense #2.. i would rank it defense #1 and offense #1a
              Last edited by another shocker; July 24, 2014, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I don't think we need to worry about players being academically eligible. Learning Marshall's system , his D, and his rebounding strategy is probably easier TOUGHER than acing a junior-level physics course.
                FIFY
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                X