Baker projected as 2015 Lottery Pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    "Concerns about the Shockers' level of competition will continue to dog VanVleet, especially while the power-conference programs are scared senseless to schedule WSU."

They hate on the schedule they haven't seen yet. But at least they have the balls to call out the reason for it.
    I think they are talking about the part of the schedule they see every year, and we can't do anything about until we hopefully switch conferences.

Comment

Scared "senseless" -- that's the G-rated way to describe them, suitable for publication in something to be read by the entire family.

Comment

Baker will not be in Wichita after this next season. Gonna be crazy seeing a WSU early entry boy get drafted fairly high ... Very exciting times around here.
        Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Why is ASU's Herb Sendek watching film of VCU, Louisville, Wichita State?

The coach has spent the off-season watching video of Virginia Commonwealth, Louisville, Florida, Wichita State and Oregon, teams that create havoc on defense, teams that play angry. Sendek doesn't know yet for sure whether this team is capable of defending in such a manner, but he likes the roster, and he loves its interchangeable parts.

Edit: Sorry, meant to put this in a different thread. Doing this from my phone and I have fat fingers.
          Last edited by Shocker-maniac; July 28, 2014, 02:24 PM.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
            Why is ASU's Herb Sendek watching film of VCU, Louisville, Wichita State?

The coach has spent the off-season watching video of Virginia Commonwealth, Louisville, Florida, Wichita State and Oregon, teams that create havoc on defense, teams that play angry. Sendek doesn't know yet for sure whether this team is capable of defending in such a manner, but he likes the roster, and he loves its interchangeable parts.

Edit: Sorry, meant to put this in a different thread. Doing this from my phone and I have fat fingers.
            2014 kenPom AdjD rankings:
            Florida 2
            Louisville 4
            VCU 6
            WSU 12
            Oregon 88

One of these things is not like the other one. I get wanting to throw in a P12 team in an interview, but there are in fact 6 teams rated considerably higher in AdjD than Oregon INCLUDING Arizona State a considerable chunk higher at #50.

If there is a team that couldn't get "Playing Angry" more wrong, it's probably Oregon. They spend more time "Playing Angry" on their teammates and girlfriends than they do even attempting to play defense.

Comment

Sorry ~ I just don't EVER see a Pac-10 team playing angry. You can't get 5 guys from the west coast to play angry. Maybe on offense but definitely not on defense. No way!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
              X