Wichita State is the leading Mid-Major

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State is the leading Mid-Major

It's a sad day for the MVC when CBS Sports are doing write-ups about basketball conferences (10 of them) and the MVC is not listed. Wichita State and Northern Iowa are the only MVC teams mentioned in a slew of Mid-Majors from several conferences. MVC used be included in the conferences review. Well, not any more.

One day, I hope a report on the MVC is posted, and WSU is not listed. :)
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The sooner the better, Mr. Prez.

Comment

I talked with coach about that. His goal is the SEC and he hopes to be in a new conference in 3-4 years (as WSU's coach). But it is on the radar

Comment

That's the best WSU basketball news I've heard in a long while. Do you think it would be basketball only or all sports if it was SEC?

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
            I talked with coach about that. His goal is the SEC and he hopes to be in a new conference in 3-4 years (as WSU's coach). But it is on the radar
            Wait what? I don't see any chance of joining a power 5 without football.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              Wait what? I don't see any chance of joining a power 5 without football.
              Unless the power five is able to make their own rules and pay players like is being talked about. I could see a couple basketball only members
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                Huh? That's interesting. If pay for play somehow starts including non- football schools joining the power conferences, I'd rather the Big XII rather than the SEC... That is if the Big XII is still around. Much better geographic footprint though with the Big XII.

Am I misreading the meter???

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                  It's a sad day for the MVC when CBS Sports are doing write-ups about basketball conferences (10 of them) and the MVC is not listed. Wichita State and Northern Iowa are the only MVC teams mentioned in a slew of Mid-Majors from several conferences. MVC used be included in the conferences review. Well, not any more.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ong-mid-majors
                  And the slant the article is written makes this fan want to puke..."Shockers are capable of winning multiple NCAA games."

Comment

OMG ~ just had a daydream after reading that post. WHAT-IF...Wichita St. joined the SEC in a few years WITH FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!! Money pouring in from the SEC affiliation. With the vision by the schools president to GROW Wichita St......what a lofty goal if that statement from Coach Marshall is true. Imagine the outcry from K-Who then!!!! Wait what???? Wichita St. is joining the SEC AND they're getting football BACK!!!!! LOL ~ I'll take it!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Wichita State to the SEC sounds like something that Coach would say sarcastically.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                        Huh? That's interesting. If pay for play somehow starts including non- football schools joining the power conferences, I'd rather the Big XII rather than the SEC... That is if the Big XII is still around. Much better geographic footprint though with the Big XII.

Am I misreading the meter???
                        KU would veto any move by WSU into the Big XII.

Comment

We could join SEC and play football in their new "D-League". (Commissioner Michael Slive, are you listening?)
                          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                          - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            but UTA chooses who comes and who goes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              Absolutely, and KS would join them.

Comment

Working...
                              X