#2 SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    Mike likes to talk in numbers. Should e-mail those. I bet he responds with SOME numbers, but mostly intangibles. At that time, you can light him up with things like Final Fours, undefeated regular season, etc.
    If it was based even remotely on intangibles it would have been FVV and then they would have just closed the list.

Comment

The only place FVV is lacking is in size and athleticism.
      Livin the dream

Comment

If you read the writeup about Fred, he was knocked down because Early graduated.

I doubt Fred is concerned about individual honors, but he's certainly going to be able to put a check in the "Not Satisifed" box over being rated #7.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Am I crazy for thinking Fred's style of play reminds of a certain Spurs player?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            This may not be who you're thinking of, Boston, but I've compared FVV to former Spur Avery Johnson more than once in terms of his sneaky ability to get to the basket. Fred is a MUCH better long-range shooter, though, even taking into consideration the shorter 3-point distance in college.

Comment

I personally like coach's comparison of Fred to that of Chris Paul. Two great floor generals who are quite small and who can pass accurately and score when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                I personally like coach's comparison of Fred to that of Chris Paul. Two great floor generals who are quite small and who can pass accurately and score when needed.
                But can Fred sell insurance? I think he would be a great, but it is always good to have something to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  This may not be who you're thinking of, Boston, but I've compared FVV to former Spur Avery Johnson more than once in terms of his sneaky ability to get to the basket. Fred is a MUCH better long-range shooter, though, even taking into consideration the shorter 3-point distance in college.
                  I was thinking of a current player.

Comment

Every time an article is written about Ron Baker every mild cat fan has to just feel his butt pucker. This was a young man that Frank Martin trivialized in the recruiting process and most of the fans were screaming to get. Tough luck. Every time an article is written about Fred VanVleet Bill Self turns a scathing look at his assistants and asks once again "How in the hell did you let this guy fly under the radar?" Really tough luck.

Comment

I've felt that way for a while, and it was almost uncanny to me how much he looked like Parker when he drove to the basket and got knocked down/landed a couple of times in the @Tulsa game. I believe it was an interview with Kennedy at the end of last year where Parker got brought up and Fred said he was either his favorite or one of his favorite players.

Comment

Ron is impressing at the nike camp already....

@CoachJohnLucas1: I really like the pace that Ron Baker is playing at. All of the guys have special special talent. Been taught well. #NikeSkillsAcademy
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Ron's most important trait for his team is that he competes every play like its the most important possession on offense or defense (I've only seen it in games but I have a feeling that it happens in practice too). The other players on our team take notice.

Comment

Yes.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              Ron's most important trait for his team is that he competes every play like its the most important possession on offense or defense (I've only seen it in games but I have a feeling that it happens in practice too). The other players on our team take notice.
                              He competes hard in practice too. He never takes off a possession. Wide open all the time.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X