Who would you like to see ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you like to see ?

http://college-basketball.si.com/2014/06/12/duke-maryland-kentucky-indiana-lead-10-rivalry-matchups-we-want-to-see/

#3 is interesting
    I'd like to see Louisville and Cincinnati play the Shox regularly.

( hopefully, someone can fix my link . Trouble with iPhone)
    Last edited by Veritas; June 15, 2014, 10:30 AM.

Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

Of course the article overstates HC3G's "chickenhawks" "incident." He read a sign, time to move on. Avoiding the obvious KU/KSU firefight, I think a rivalry with VCU would be perfect. Think they would be make a good H&H partner. A good team, great coach, beginning to become a "name" like us, we've already got two very good games against them. And did you realize that the year they beat us at home, they made the F4, and the year we beat them on the road, we made the F4?

Comment

I would love to play KU, but they'll never be a rivalry.

Give me Creighton or VCU.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Vanessa Ferlito, for me.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
            Of course the article overstates HC3G's "chickenhawks" "incident." He read a sign, time to move on. Avoiding the obvious KU/KSU firefight, I think a rivalry with VCU would be perfect. Think they would be make a good H&H partner. A good team, great coach, beginning to become a "name" like us, we've already got two very good games against them. And did you realize that the year they beat us at home, they made the F4, and the year we beat them on the road, we made the F4?
            Of course it is....and it's not even that. He read (imho a stupid sign) part of a sign, and I fully believe he was thinking to himself, "I'd like to set this kid straight and tell him this day is about our team and nothing else" but decided to pass.

Of course, the truth is rarely good theatre, so everyone goes with "Gregg called KU Chickenhawks". I thought KU fans didn't care anyway?
            Last edited by WuDrWu; June 15, 2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

People that know anything about the incident know that Gregg was simply reading from the sign.

I had forgotten about VCU which would be a good game as well.
              Perhaps...
              Louisville
              Cincinnati
              VCU
              Gonzaga

Have a feeling though this thread might turn into a nice pictorial of something other than basketball.

Comment

Houston, Memphis, Dayton, St Loo, Cincy

Comment

You've got to be kidding about VCU. According to VCU, Carl Hall was headed there until WSU paid him off. Shaka Smart is not in the Gregg Marshall fan club.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Vanessa Ferlito, for me.
                    I'd like to raise the "Bar"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      http://college-basketball.si.com/2014/06/12/duke-maryland-kentucky-indiana-lead-10-rivalry-matchups-we-want-to-see/

#3 is interesting
                      I'd like to see Louisville and Cincinnati play the Shox regularly.

( hopefully, someone can fix my link . Trouble with iPhone)
                      Totally agree with Louisville and Cincinnati mainly because there is a lot of history here based on their former membership in the MVC and of course the recent Final Four game. Also, they have a pretty storied history of BB themselves and we certainly couldn't go wrong with having two such strong schools on ou schedule, especially since we would certainly dominate them both. Right!!!!!!

Comment

I don't think the rest of the country cares about historical Valley of Death rematches. I do think a KU matchup would catch the country's attention though.

Comment

I'd rather play UMKC than KU.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            I don't think the rest of the country cares about historical Valley of Death rematches. I do think a KU matchup would catch the country's attention though.
                            The question was who would 'You' like to see. Personally, I do not give a hoot what the rest of the country likes or not. I simply added the bit about WSU having a previous history with these two schools. Main point being we have one hell of a better chance of perhaps playing these two schools, which would add a significant boost to our schedule, than the knuckle heads directly NE of us.

There are far too many people on this board who are totally OBSESSED with KU.

Haven't we been slapped in the face enough times, told NO! NO! NO, 'SHE' doesn't want to see us, date us, or have anything to do with us, for some people to get the hint that they need to get over her?

Is there anyone on this board who doesn't thing WE ARE BETTER THAN KU? We do not need KU for anything.

Stop acting and sounding like jilted teenagers.

YE Gads! Get over KU!

Comment

There is nothing wrong with selecting KU as the top match-up you'd like to see: They are an elite blue blood with lots of recent NCAA tourney success, and the game would have a seriously electric atmosphere if you are lucky enough to get a ticket to the game. That said, there are more exciting opponents for me.

I'd like to see:

1) Kentucky
                              2) Louisville
                              3) Duke

Pretty much in that order. I like Louisville's fan base and coach a LOT better than Kentucky's, but since Kentucky was the most recent team to knock us out of the tourney, and national runner-up, I want to see that rematch.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X