All Marshall Era Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Marshall Era Teams

Curious what you guys would think to put what players on what teams at each position. Marshall Era only.
    This is my take

1st Team
    PG- FVV SG- Baker F- Cle F-Carl Hall C- Stutz (senior edition)
    2nd Team
    PG- Toure Murry SG- Kel Cotton F-Darius Carter F- Ramon Clemente F/C- JT Durley
    3rd Team
    PG- Joe Ragland SG- PJ Couisnard F- Gabe Blair F- Chadrack Lufile C- Ehimen Orupke
    #ShockerNation #GoShox #GoShockers Follow me on twitter @ColinMatthew21

I wouldn't have considered Murry as a PG.

1. FVV, Armstead, Ragland/Hannah (soooo close I have to mention them both)
    2. Baker, Cotton/Murry (tossup)
    3. Cle, Cous, Smith
    4. Hall, Carter, Blair
    5. Durley, Stutz, Orupke
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Tough to do. I wouldn't put PJ in this group because he is primarily MT's guy. I, too, will fudge the positions a little.

1st - PG - FVV, SG - Baker, F - Murry, PF - Early, C - Hall

2nd - PG - Ragland, SG - Cotton, F - Smith, PF - Clemente, C - Durley

3rd - PG - Hannah, SG - Kyles, F- Hatch, PF - Blair, C - Stutz

As much as I wanted to, I just couldn't put Armstead ahead of Hannah based on playing only 1 year. Same goes for Carter, although, after this coming year, I expect to put him as a 2nd team PF. EO and Lufile didn't play enough minutes. If I have to go with Cotton as a F and Murry as a SG, I'd move Cotton to the 1st team and Murry to the 2nd behind Baker.

Ask me this again tomorrow and I'll probably have something different.

Comment

First team:

FVV, Baker, Murry, Early, Stutz

Second Team:

Ragland, Cotton, Cousinard, Hall, Durley

Third Team:

Armstead, Mekel, Smith, Clemente, Blair
        Livin the dream

Comment

You guys have Orukpe WAY too low. Granted, he couldn't effectively catch or pass the ball, he had virtually no offensive game, and he wasn't that strong a rebounder for a 7' guy. You gotta know there's a "but..." coming and there is.

If you watched games that Orukpe played, if any opponent got past the perimeter defenders, they either gave up and dribbled back out, commited a turnover, or tried a shot, which was pretty much the same as a turnover. There weren't many points scored in the paint when Orukpe was in the game. That allowed the perimeter defenders to take some risks. Those risks gave the perimeter defenders a LOT of breakawy steals.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Not sure how Toure is anything less than first team

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
              Not sure how Toure is anything less than first team
              I think its a REALLY tough call between him and Cotton. I'd say Murry had a more well rounded game, but Tekele hasn't been a senior yet. He may develop things we haven't seen yet. Tekele can completely take over a game defensively to enable a win. Does anybody remember that time we were going to lose to Tennessee at IBA, but Tekele was Mr. Everything down the stretch and dismantled them? Then again, Toure enabled countless wins in just about every way possible.

Both of these guys are incredible players. For now, I give it to Murry and TKO comes off the bench, but the jury is out since he still has another year.

Comment

I give the nod to Murry over either Baker or Cotton though it is close between all 3 for the two wing spots. Murry was a very good defender as well. I do expect that by the end of 14-15 one or both might have bumped Murry on my list.

One more quibble with some lists (knowing it is just a way to kill the offseason news dead zone) is that I don't think you should put Cle at the 3 as he saw very limited minutes there.

I like Shocktalk's list a lot, though I put Armstead as the PG on the second team.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                  I give the nod to Murry over either Baker or Cotton though it is close between all 3 for the two wing spots. Murry was a very good defender as well. I do expect that by the end of 14-15 one or both might have bumped Murry on my list.

One more quibble with some lists (knowing it is just a way to kill the offseason news dead zone) is that I don't think you should put Cle at the 3 as he saw very limited minutes there.

I like Shocktalk's list a lot, though I put Armstead as the PG on the second team.
                  And I wouldn't argue with that at all.

Comment

When you look back at the talent we presently have (and have had) during the Marshall years, one word comes to mind - AWESOME!

Comment

Working...
                    X