Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall to Replace Williams at North Carolina????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall to Replace Williams at North Carolina????

McCants acknowledgement in todays ESPN article could be the start of Roy's death knell as BB coach at UNC. As all good Shocker fans know, coaching basketball at North Carolina is a dream long held by HC3GM.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11036924/former-north-carolina-basketball-star-rashad-mccants-says-took-sham-classes

Lock and delete please
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I thought Marshall was going to the Lakers.

Comment

The NCAA has already investigated UNC over the alleged academic irregularities. The NCAA found there were no violations of any NCAA policies or rules and completely exonerated UNC of any wrongdoing.

Neither Roy nor UNC has any reason to fear anything from the NCAA. However, UNC-Asheville better be on their toes.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
          McCants acknowledgement in todays ESPN article could be the start of Roy's death knell as BB coach at UNC. As all good Shocker fans know, coaching basketball at North Carolina is a dream long held by HC3GM.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11036924/former-north-carolina-basketball-star-rashad-mccants-says-took-sham-classes

All we know is someone told someone that NC is HCGM's dream job.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

They only went back to 2007. Now they have a former player, without any _apparent_ hidden agenda, coming forth over a different time frame. Could be grounds for reopening the investigation, or starting a new one entirely.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm not going to worry until there is more to know, but I at least got a laugh out of one thing:

If our worst case scenario happens, on a scale of 1 to jumping off a tall building, how pissed will Chris Jans be about his timing? :)

Comment

We're a major program. We were ALWAYS going to hire a proven HEAD COACH if and or when HCGM left his post. Coach Jans would never have been named head coach here.

Comment

Oh Lord, not this again.

Can we at least let the UNC trolls start stupid threads like this? Even if UNC is HCGM's dream job, I'm not convinced he would go there if he's walking into a dumpster fire.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    Oh Lord, not this again.

Can we at least let the UNC trolls start stupid threads like this? Even if UNC is HCGM's dream job, I'm not convinced he would go there if he's walking into a dumpster fire.
                    I'm convinced he would go to UNC if it was offered and a credible salary was offered.

I'm not convinced the job would be offered, though. But UNC is one of the top five jobs in college basketball, maybe in college athletics across the board (UNC/Duke/Kentucky basketball, Texas/ND/USC football?), and he's from the area. He'd go to UNC.

I don't see any reason to worry about it unless it comes open, though. Marshall is one of a group that would be sought after by UNC, but I think Shaka Smart is considered a comparable talent as a coach with a better media image, and I think he'd be the first choice for the biggest jobs in the sport.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      The NCAA has already investigated UNC over the alleged academic irregularities. The NCAA found there were no violations of any NCAA policies or rules and completely exonerated UNC of any wrongdoing.

Neither Roy nor UNC has any reason to fear anything from the NCAA. However, UNC-Asheville better be on their toes.
                      Do you really believe what you wrote regards the innocence of Roy and UNC in the academic fraud revealed by the UNC tutor? I have personal experience with the tutoring of college scholarship athletes. When I was matriculating through WSU a friend who was a tutor in Phog Land for basketball and football players showed us a test she had used as a study guide for a basket weaving class in which many of Phog Land's athletes were enrolled. Although having been exposed to the test during a tutoring session the evening before the exam was given, these players either could not or chose not to achieve a passing grade. One of these athletes playing both basketball and football left Phogland four years after enrolling without a degree and no prospects other than professional sports - he was selling cars on a Johnson County car lot within weeks of leaving the campus.

While I am a proponent of the theory that Marshall is following the Jim Boeheim model of building a legacy program at WSU; I also choose not too bury my head in the sand - as Marshall is a Carolina native with a keen interest and skill set in basketball, I believe he will accept an offer to coach the Tar Heels if one is offered.

Comment

Do you really believe what you wrote regards the innocence of Roy and UNC in the academic fraud revealed by the UNC tutor?
                        Strawman alert.

Aargh didn't say anything about what he "believed", only what the NCAA concluded in their investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          We're a major program. We were ALWAYS going to hire a proven HEAD COACH if and or when HCGM left his post. Coach Jans would never have been named head coach here.
                          True, NC ain't happening either. Not enough of a Blue connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            They only went back to 2007. Now they have a former player, without any _apparent_ hidden agenda, coming forth over a different time frame. Could be grounds for reopening the investigation, or starting a new one entirely.
                            https://mobile.twitter.com/Follow24Hodge/status/474904321772236800

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ions/10102253/
                            Last edited by FlyingWheat; June 7, 2014, 07:47 AM.

Comment

While I am a proponent of the theory that Marshall is following the Jim Boeheim model of building a legacy program at WSU; I also choose not too bury my head in the sand - as Marshall is a Carolina native with a keen interest and skill set in basketball, I believe he will accept an offer to coach the Tar Heels if one is offered.
                              I think a lot of posters on SN share your stance. The problem is the exponential level of speculation you made in starting this thread. It is completely and utterly ridiculous.

Frankly, I think the thread should be deleted and you - at the least - be given a time out for even thinking the thread title alone was a rational thought (at this point in time). You saw a media report that might indicate "A" and you jumped all the way to "ZZ".

Comment

Working...
                              X