the wound may be too fresh....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BioShock
    there was a home game approximately 5 years ago, I'm thinking it was against either Drake or Indiana State, we were up by 5 with ~5.5 seconds to go, Burns was throwing the ball in under the opponent's basket. We lost. No loss has stung as much as that one.
    Are you talking about the game vs. Indiana State where Randy Burns got mugged (literally, they had hands all over him and yet no foul call), and Moss made a three pointer to win the game for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
      Originally posted by BioShock
      there was a home game approximately 5 years ago, I'm thinking it was against either Drake or Indiana State, we were up by 5 with ~5.5 seconds to go, Burns was throwing the ball in under the opponent's basket. We lost. No loss has stung as much as that one.
      Are you talking about the game vs. Indiana State where Randy Burns got mugged (literally, they had hands all over him and yet no foul call), and Moss made a three pointer to win the game for them?
      yep, that be the one, I'll never forget it

Comment

It's one thing to lose a 21-point lead on the road in a transition year, but losing at home to SIU by 35 points during an 18-win season in 2003 was bad, bad, bad.

Comment

Ben Jacobson, Senior Night...

I can still see him jacking up that 3 from where I was in the student section.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
            Ben Jacobson, Senior Night...

I can still see him jacking up that 3 from where I was in the student section.
            If I remember correctly they got the ball under the far basket with 4.1 seconds left in regulation. My friend next to me said "We have it won. There is no way they can get the ball down the court and take a shot in that time." I remember turning to him and saying "Just watch." They threw the ball in (I don't recall if it went directly to Jacobson or if someone else relayed it to him) but I sit in Section 120 high enough that I had a perfect head on look as he released the ball. The minute he released the ball I said "Oh God, it's good." That shot really hushed up the crowd. I remember that arrogant Jacobson saying in his post game interview that he "really loved shutting up the home crowd that way."

Comment

I remember Paul's 30 point, 7 reb performance in a double overtime win against Southern Illinois. The thing that still stands out to me is that in that game, we had 17 assists for 22 FG. Ogirri was 1-9,

Comment

Worst FB: Morehead St. We were up 35-0 at the 1/2, lost 36 to 35 on last second 2 pt attempt. The onside kick before MS final touchdown was beatiful. Kicker put the ball on the tee like a watermelon, he kicked the top of the ball to just let it roll, the rest of the team made a wedge and knocked every Shocker out of the way. Kicker walked behind the ball until it passed 10 yards and fell on it. It's not in the record books because MS was DII that year.

Worst BB: Last time we were at KU. I think we lost by 50, I don't want to look it up.
                I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Working...
                X