Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The view from Terre Haute

Originally posted by ShockRef
    JT Durley needs to go. He doesn't have a clue and shows absolutely no sign of ever 'getting it'.

Gal might have just earned himself a bus ticket out of town. His antics and Jr Hi decisions were atrocious. If (a big if) he is still around next year, he will be the third or fourth player off the pine.

WP needs to start looking for more suitable environment. It's not exactly any secret that GM has zero confidence in him. If GM thought he had any ability to help break a press, he would have seen the floor last night. There wasn't the slightest hint of putting him in during the fateful 21 point run. Not even the tiniest of chances.
    Well, that wasn't very nice. SR, are you an adult? Going around saying someone needs a "bus ticket out of town" just isn't the right thing to do.

"It is dangerous to be right on matters in which the established authority is wrong" -- Voltaire
    Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Yes I'm an adult and generally act like one. The time for nice-nice went out the window a long time ago.
      MikeShox may have hit the nail on the head with his post in the recruiting forum. It isn't nice either, but if there was any lingering questions about retaining certain people for 'ethical' reasons, I think they were answered very clearly last night.
      I can assure you that GM will not go through something like this season again. The man can not stand to lose and will take the necessary measures to ensure he (and those who support) does not have to witness the debacle that happened last night. We are talking about a very driven and determined individual and I wouldn't bet against him for anything. 8)
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

In a word - embarrassing.
        Even a decent HS team could have broken ISU's press. But this team has absolutely no heart. None. Zero. Zilch.
        Winning is an acquired talent and this group doesn't have a clue. They have no concept of how to win.
        I'll give MB his props, but he needed to lay an elbow straight to the chest of Henry Marshall. Marshall grabbed him on three occasions during press time and instead of laying him out, he just struggled to get free. If they aren't going to call the foul, take matters into your own hands.
        JT Durley needs to go. He doesn't have a clue and shows absolutely no sign of ever 'getting it'.
        Gal might have just earned himself a bus ticket out of town. His antics and Jr Hi decisions were atrocious. If (a big if) he is still around next year, he will be the third or fourth player off the pine.
        Watching GM come out and do the radio show was painful. He was in sheer agony and I give him all the props in the world for coming out and honoring the commitment.
        RC is a pleasure to watch. He busts his ass every time down the floor and other than the 'T' played a great game. He gives it everything he has and that's all you can ask.
        Other than the Mike Cohen years, this was the first time I was embarrassed to support WSU. The choke job they pulled tonight was as low as any time I can remember. To hear the white trash ISU fans laughing at them as they ran off the floor was the ultimate kick to the teeth. None of them should ever allow themselves to forget tonight's game. 8)
        Ref, since you were at the game can you tell me what it looks like to have the talent ooze right out of a team? When we were up by 21 points and then proceeded to go on an 0 and 21 run what exactly could you see if anything? Did the players eyes seem to go dim? Any incidence of increased slurring in the huddle? Perhaps something supernatural occurred. Did the arena lights flicker?

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          In a word - embarrassing.
          Even a decent HS team could have broken ISU's press. But this team has absolutely no heart. None. Zero. Zilch.
          Winning is an acquired talent and this group doesn't have a clue. They have no concept of how to win.
          I'll give MB his props, but he needed to lay an elbow straight to the chest of Henry Marshall. Marshall grabbed him on three occasions during press time and instead of laying him out, he just struggled to get free. If they aren't going to call the foul, take matters into your own hands.
          Watching GM come out and do the radio show was painful. He was in sheer agony and I give him all the props in the world for coming out and honoring the commitment.
          RC is a pleasure to watch. He busts his ass every time down the floor and other than the 'T' played a great game. He gives it everything he has and that's all you can ask.
          Other than the Mike Cohen years, this was the first time I was embarrassed to support WSU. The choke job they pulled tonight was as low as any time I can remember. To hear the white trash ISU fans laughing at them as they ran off the floor was the ultimate kick to the teeth. None of them should ever allow themselves to forget tonight's game. 8)
          Ref, since you were at the game can you tell me what it looks like to have the talent ooze right out of a team? When we were up by 21 points and then proceeded to go on an 0 and 21 run what exactly could you see if anything? Did the players eyes seem to go dim? Any incidence of increased slurring in the huddle? Perhaps something supernatural occurred. Did the arena lights flicker?

T

...8)
          Cold,
          Sometimes you can be a funny guy. Sometimes.
          The answer to your questions - all of the above.
          But then again, you're a smart guy. You already knew the answers. 8)

Comment

Yes I'm an adult and generally act like one. The time for nice-nice went out the window a long time ago.
            MikeShox may have hit the nail on the head with his post in the recruiting forum. It isn't nice either, but if there was any lingering questions about retaining certain people for 'ethical' reasons, I think they were answered very clearly last night.
            I can assure you that GM will not go through something like this season again. The man can not stand to lose and will take the necessary measures to ensure he (and those who support) does not have to witness the debacle that happened last night. We are talking about a very driven and determined individual and I wouldn't bet against him for anything. 8)
            So are you saying that our coach is unethical if he gets rid of certain players or just part of the game? If it is not unethical, how would you categorize it?
            Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

The double standard on this board is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShox
                The double standard on this board is hilarious.
                I find it sad...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007
                  So are you saying that our coach is unethical if he gets rid of certain players or just part of the game? If it is not unethical, how would you categorize it?
                  I have never made mention of making roster changes and ethics. It's been a long winded topic for others on here, especially when discussing a certain player. It's the HC and AD's decision when it comes to personnel matters. They get paid the big bucks to make those decisions and if and when it's done, it will be handled professionally with dignity. 8)

Comment

He should have been given a bus ticket back to Texas last year. --DaShox 2/17/08

Gal might have just earned himself a bus ticket out of town. 2/19/08
                    Dude, that is totally not cool. To be that disrespectful is just idiotic. Saying "Get him a bus ticket back to Texas" is disrespectful and degrading ---ShockCity 2/17/2008
                    I really hope your not an adult -- Shocker0624
                    Welcome to the club SR.

Comment

u talked a lot about freshmen C JT Durley.
                      what about SENIOR phil thommason.
                      hes been a joke on the road.
                      "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                      CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Rip has a point. However, effort is never a problem with Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                          Yes, but at times he fails to use the space between his ears. :D
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                            Originally posted by pinstripers
                            Yes, but at times he fails to use the space between his ears. :D
                            As does Gal and several others, particularly when they are pressed and panic seems to set in.

Comment

IMO, Phil has been just as detrimental as Gal with his recent foul troubles. What, for 4-5 games now he's played less than 20 minutes. Last night he takes 2 shots and grabs not a single board???

Comment

Who stays or goes depends on who Marshall can bring in.

Butler was only here because he appeared to be a better option than an empty scholarship.

Durley would be a great player in half-court 3-on-3 street ball. There were questions last year when he seemed to have recovered from his knee injury, but couldn't get into basketball shape the rest of the year. This year he hasn't looked very coachable. It wouldn't surprise me to see a JuCo or Fr take his scholarship if Marshall can find a recruit he thinks has more potential than JT.

Preadom probably isn't a great practice player or he would be getting more minutes. What's the point of having a Sr that's not a great practice player on scholarship?

Hatch has to have seen the writing on the wall and the incoming crop of guards. What's his future at WSU look like?

This year's team has grown to accept losing. It started last year in Vegas. Acceptance of losing is something that must be removed at any cost. I've generally supported Mekel, but even the most ardent supporter of Mekel has to realize there's something missing in his basketball IQ.

I don't care who leaves or stays. If Marshall finds a recruit that fits his style better or a player with more upside than a current player - goodbye current player. In some cases I'm going to believe some players might stay because Marshall couldn't find an obviously better replacement.

Coaching changes can be rugged. This season ain't been pretty. Don't expect April to be pretty, unless you're really excited about a lot of new recruits and the prospects a couple years down the road.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X