No announcement yet.

Season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you are fairly tall, the bench back seats are fine. The problem is with the chair back seats. Specifically, their problem is the last 1/3rd of the seat back suddenly angles backwards abruptly. In most cases, your back never touches this upper 1/3rd due to its odd angle (unless you have a spine made of putty or otherwise like to lean back and watch the game while staring down the ridge of your nose), and so all that is "gained" is a drastic reduction in leg room for the person behind.

It is just one of those cases where the engineer or architect ordered a full allotment of materials without a micro-examination of fitment considerations. There are most certainly manufacturers making basically the same product, but which might have never caused this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
      They didn't tear it all to the ground. Most of the seating is the same, with the exception of some new concrete.
      Plus they raised the roof *insert hip hop joke here*.
      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        I thought when they renovated the roundhouse by tearing it down to the ground and rebuilding it from the ground up that they would correct those problems. Instead they made them worse. I think because they added more chair back seats. But for whatever the reason, the leg room problem seems worse now then before.
        The arena itself is essentially the same thing it was prior - just refit and refaced with new materials. Everything outside of the arena proper is what is completely new.

Comment

For those of us who aren't vertically challenged the leg room is not an issue. However, for those of us who tend towards the horizontally challenged side of the spectrum I have noticed that there are also different widths of seats among the chairbacks.

You can easily see this once your realize it. I picked up on it at Volleyball games where it isn't so crowded.

So if you are a tall, wide body you have a couple of things to look for.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 12, 2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

If you are horizontally impaired, it is also very uncomfortable jumping up out of the seat to cheer -- scrapes your thighs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              During the re-seating process, an athletic department person gave a tour of Koch for the purpose of seat selection. He was very helpful. He explained that there are three dimensions for leg room. He steered me to the seats, which offered the greatest leg room.

I am 6'-1/2". I have a seat, which provides the maximum space for leg room. It is a little tight, but tolerable.

Koch was built a long time ago. Over fifty years ago. Due to the design of the concrete steps, it has incurable obsolescence relative to seat spacing.

there were far fewer talls and fats in 1955

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                If you are horizontally impaired, it is also very uncomfortable jumping up out of the seat to cheer -- scrapes your thighs.
                That beats the seat coming up with you -- that really irritates the hell out of the maintenance staff.

Comment

My family's season tickets are in 110 towards the top. The room is fine for me, but I'm sub 6' and my knees are right at the back of the seats in front of me, which is fine because theres usually a little cheerleader standing there on the seats instead of an adult. Sometimes if there is someone else using those seats their head or hair makes an acquaintance with my knee. Small price to pay to watch a top 10 basketball program whoop some a$$.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm 5'6" and a grown-ass adult. It's about time my height started paying off.

Comment

The lack of leg room is the one thing I don't miss about my season tickets.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                      X