Season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Tickets

I'm going to be looking to get my hands on season tickets next year, what's required? I heard you had to doante to SASO, if so, how much? (Looking for 3 tickets)
    Last edited by Onegreatracer; May 11, 2014, 07:46 PM.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

You will need to donate to SASO, but for three tickets You will have to be at a pretty high level to get the third ticket. I think there is a pretty good waiting list as well. Check with the ticket office or Susan in the SASO office. I know there are ways to get tickets immediately but there will be a sizable donating before SASO dues and ticket prices. It is a great feeling having been in the system and having them taken care of. We've had tickets for quite a few years.
    Good Luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
      I'm going to be looking to get my hands on season tickets next year, what's required? I heard you had to doante to SASO, if so, how much? (Looking for 3 tickets)
      Minimum SASO contribution is $340 (Shocker Club). That give u the eligibility to buy 2 basketball tickets. To be able to purchase 3 tickets you will have to give 2xShocker club ($680). If you take the cheapest seats available it will be $310 per ticket.

Also depending on what type of seats you want can also determine at what SASO contribution you will have to make also. Lower you go in the bowl, the higher SASO contribution will be required. You will need to contact the ticket office and tell them what you want to do. Season ticket renewals just went out, so my guess in July/august they will be bring people in for the unsold seats.

Comment

Trying to get 3 tickets together at ANY level will be tough if not impossible. Not sure there will be much selection (if at all) unless someone has changed jobs and moved out of town, can no longer afford the tickets, or God forbid died.

Comment

I have four tickets and they are in the same section, within two rows of one another, and are on opposite ends of the rows. We have had one opportunity to assemble in six or so years of getting the other two tix. It's a good problem to have as a season ticket holder. I am looking forward to paying my Bold Gold (4 Century Club tix) level this week.

Go Shocks!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I have 3 tickets together in the uppermost seats. They cost 1.5 times the min SASO donation, so it's $510, not $680.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
              I have 3 tickets together in the uppermost seats. They cost 1.5 times the min SASO donation, so it's $510, not $680.
              That is the way it used to be when I would buy 3. I wasn't sure if it had changed and am glad to see that it hasn't.

Comment

If you, or one of the parties that will go with you to games, is above-average in height you owe it to yourself to wait until later this summer when they have an open house with available seats marked, and then you can try out every seat possible for purchase.

I'm not terribly tall (6'1") and there are seats/areas in CKA where I literally can't sit down in the seat due to lack of leg room. I don't mean it is uncomfortable; I mean my femur says "not happenin". Ironically, the more expensive chair back seats are the guilty party in this regard. The bench back seats have much more room leg-wise. The wife and I have chair back seats that happen to have workable leg room, but some of those seats don't. Also, whatever you do, don't buy your seats sight unseen, especially if you happen to buy in the top two rows (due to the occasional roof support beam and its impact on views). Just FYI there.

And I'll echo what Shock Therapy already said: I don't have first hand experience, but I've heard that they will divide the minimum SASO donation if you plan to buy lower quantity.

If you want 3 together your only hope will likely be the top 6 rows (Shocker Club). And even then you might only have one of two locations with that many together. Heck, you might just be SOOL this next season when it comes to three seats together at any price for all I know. This last season for example I would estimate that there were only about 100-200 seats available for newcomers.

The SASO website does have a chart/diagram available showing seat pricing and SASO minimum donations. The cheapest seats next year (again, top 6 rows) will essentially be $500 each after ticket price and SASO.
                Last edited by SHOCKvalue; May 12, 2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I'm in the same boat regarding leg room. I finally had to pony up and get my own tickets last year (had previously bought a seat off of a relative for several years). I spent about an hour walking around the arena before I found a group of 3 that had both a decent view and adequate leg room. The spacing between rows is not at all consistent. It's also helpful to talk to the ticket office about what is and isn't available. They have tags hanging from the available seats, but they're pretty lazy when it comes to keeping them current. The first group of seats that I tried to buy were marked available but had already been sold. Conversely, the ticket person found me three slightly better seats that weren't marked at all.

Comment

Our seats in row 31, just right of Royal, are comfortable. I have a friend with seats in row 21, no leg room at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I'm not terribly tall (6'1") and there are seats/areas in CKA where I literally can't sit down in the seat due to lack of leg room. I don't mean it is uncomfortable; I mean my femur says "not happenin".
                      The real reason we stand for defense. :yahoo:
                      “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                      John Wayne

Comment

During the re-seating process, an athletic department person gave a tour of Koch for the purpose of seat selection. He was very helpful. He explained that there are three dimensions for leg room. He steered me to the seats, which offered the greatest leg room.

I am 6'-1/2". I have a seat, which provides the maximum space for leg room. It is a little tight, but tolerable.

Koch was built a long time ago. Over fifty years ago. Due to the design of the concrete steps, it has incurable obsolescence relative to seat spacing.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                          During the re-seating process, an athletic department person gave a tour of Koch for the purpose of seat selection. He was very helpful. He explained that there are three dimensions for leg room. He steered me to the seats, which offered the greatest leg room.

I am 6'-1/2". I have a seat, which provides the maximum space for leg room. It is a little tight, but tolerable.

Koch was built a long time ago. Over fifty years ago. Due to the design of the concrete steps, it has incurable obsolescence relative to seat spacing.
                          I thought when they renovated the roundhouse by tearing it down to the ground and rebuilding it from the ground up that they would correct those problems. Instead they made them worse. I think because they added more chair back seats. But for whatever the reason, the leg room problem seems worse now then before.

Comment

The old Round House had bleacher seats so therefore they had plenty of leg room. If they had fixed it perfectly so that everyone is happy, they would have only 9,000 chair back seats after the renovation.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              I thought when they renovated the roundhouse by tearing it down to the ground and rebuilding it from the ground up that they would correct those problems. Instead they made them worse. I think because they added more chair back seats. But for whatever the reason, the leg room problem seems worse now then before.
                              They didn't tear it all to the ground. Most of the seating is the same, with the exception of some new concrete.

Comment

Working...
                              X