Darius Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darius Carter

Happened to watch Mike Kennedy's "Shocker Report" on Cox 22 tonight (rerun from earlier this week). Steve Forbes was on. Forves said that Carter showed up at WSU at 220, and is now at 245. For comparison, Paul Miller was 6'10" and 250 his Sr. year when he was overpowering most post players.

Carter could be scary good next year.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Happened to watch Mike Kennedy's "Shocker Report" on Cox 22 tonight (rerun from earlier this week). Steve Forbes was on. Forves said that Carter showed up at WSU at 220, and is now at 245. For comparison, Paul Miller was 6'10" and 250 his Sr. year when he was overpowering most post players.

Carter could be scary good next year.
    Darius can be a nice player, but no.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      Darius can be a nice player, but no.
      I guess I'm confused...'no' chance to reach Paul, no chance to be 245....what exactly?

Comment

I believe we can expect improvement from Darius heading into next season. That much we know about 3G's program; he has an ability to find JUCO guys that only get better once they hit the weights and learn his system. Wasn't Miller a four year guy?

Comment

Undoubtedly could reach 245, as could most of us with a dedication to pasta and cheeseburgers. Zero chance to be the level of interior player that Paul Miller was. I'd like to see them side by side, but I would wager that Paul is 2 inches taller. Paul had an array of post moves and was a deadly passer out of the double team, which he demanded anytime he caught down low. Darius is a fine player, but will never be the all around post threat that Miller was. Darius is a forward. Paul was a center.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

245 seems a little too much given his frame.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
              IWasn't Miller a four year guy?
              Paul was a 5-year guy, although I believe he had a broken foot during his redshirt year although I don't recall exactly when that occurred.

Comment

Darius Carter

For whatever it's worth, I remember reading a quote from KR last fall before the season started that Darius Carter is the hardest working Juco transfer he's ever had here in his entire career at WSU which must stretch back 25 to 27 yrs.

Comment

To reach 245 I'd have to give up cheeseburgers an pasta...

Comment

I would more closely compare Darius to Carl Hall. Darius would very much be capable of 13-15 points and 6-9 rebounds. Potentially, he may be better than Carl. He is faster, and Carl wasn't slow. He doesn't have the post moves that Carl had under the basket (Carl's Senior year, not his Junior year) yet but he may develop them. He is a little better on offense facing the basket than Carl was as a Junior. We'll see if added strength adds to his post effectiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Paul was a 5-year guy, although I believe he had a broken foot during his redshirt year although I don't recall exactly when that occurred.
                      Basketball game in Alaska tournament in the second game of the season.
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                        Undoubtedly could reach 245, as could most of us with a dedication to pasta and cheeseburgers.
                        I don't know if Darius is really up to 245 or not although I also heard that out of the mouth of ACSF on the Shocker Report. I did see him at a Shocker softball game last week and whatever weight he has gained it's not body fat.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I don't know if Darius is really up to 245 or not although I also heard that out of the mouth of ACSF on the Shocker Report. I did see him at a Shocker softball game last week and whatever weight he has gained it's not body fat.
                          So he didn't use the same training regimen as Seth Van Deest?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            So he didn't use the same training regimen as Seth Van Deest?
                            I certainly hope not.

Comment

I wasn't attempting to compare Carter's game to Miller's. I was providing a comparison for height/weight ratio.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X