Area High School Seniors vs. WSU and KSU Seniors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area High School Seniors vs. WSU and KSU Seniors

Haven't seen much publicity on this but tonight at Bishop Carroll - 7:30 p.m. there will be a basketball game between the top area high school seniors vs. many of the WSU and KSU seniors. Rumor has it there may be some former Shockers and Wildcats also participating.

Cool!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Early, Coleby, Lufile, and Wiggins playing against HS Sr's?? That should be illegal.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Just Wiggins and Lufile. Spradling and Southwell from k state as well.

Comment

I bet those high schoolers took Spradling and Southwell to school

Comment

It was the most loose form of basketball I've seen, but was highly entertaining. A lot of highlight reel dunks and three's....from the high schooler's. I think the final score was somewhere around 140-115, or something like that. It was a lot of fun to get the chance to watch them loosen up and mess around for a couple of hours. Joe Mitchell played for the college team and hit from 25 ft. like it was nothing. Some of the high school kids had some talent, though. Overall, I thought it was entertaining from a fan standpoint, though it would have been a little better with a few more guys on the college squad, just to give them some rest. The last ten minutes ended up almost being a dunk contest. Lufile showed off the ball-handling skills we have all come to know and love from him. A little disappointed that Nick didn't have a few more high-flying throwdowns, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
            X