No announcement yet.

i love these guys, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We definitely need to keep each and every scholarship player we have. NO way we find anything better on the recruiting trail.

Comment

ABC is quite profound tonight. 1:22 left and a 9 point lead. Then we just keep fouling them and stopping the clock???? The clock was supposed to be our best asset? Then we turn the ball over and over. Then we miss 4 out of the last 6 FT in regulation? Yikes. RC and MB played tough tonight. I'm grasping for straws after our 3rd OT loss in a row.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
        -Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
          We definitely need to keep each and every scholarship player we have. NO way we find anything better on the recruiting trail.
          We need to recruit some players like they have over at Drake!

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            We need to recruit some players like they have over at Drake!

T

...8)
            Ok seriously, that's the 3rd or 4th post you've said this in. Quit spamming.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
              "Will Wichita State win an overtime game this season?"

-Shoxfan11
              They have.

Started out 1-0 in them, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
                Originally posted by Shoxfan11
                "Will Wichita State win an overtime game this season?"

-Shoxfan11
                They have.

Started out 1-0 in them, actually.
                Good point, hard to remember that win though after three straight OT losses.

Comment

I was listening to Shocker Soundoff today, and one comment that was made dealt with the losing 'mentality' and how it is easy for teams that have lost for a long time to get into a state of mind where they expect to lose because that's what they're used to so to speak.

I hope our team never, ever gets comfortable with losing. As much as it might make me feel for them when they come so close only to come up short over and over--I actually HOPE it bothers them mercilessly. I hope it makes them sick to their stomach, and I would like to think that that awful feeling lingers awhile so they NEVER forget how bad it feels this year--not so they accept it, but that they do EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to avoid that feeling.

Hopefully they will be inspired (of course after the initial sting of this season wears off) to work EVEN HARDER over the off season and come back ready to help inspire the new guys. I would love to see Ramon get in guys faces next season and tell them that LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION and to NEVER give up. That way the 'culture' of winning--that winning mentality is engrained in their heads.

Comment

Matt isn't comfortable with losing. When that second 3 ind st made in OT went up, you could see his shoulders drop to the floor. You could tell it killed him.

Last two losses have had his best and 2nd best performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                      Matt isn't comfortable with losing. When that second 3 ind st made in OT went up, you could see his shoulders drop to the floor. You could tell it killed him.

Last two losses have had his best and 2nd best performances.
                      The sad (in many ways) truth is--Matt's gone after this year (at least from a playing role), so it's going to be how the other guys deal with this adversity that will shape the future.

I think Ramon has it in him to be a more vocal leader. I really do--and one that the guys can respect because of his sheer work ethic. He quite simply puts his money where his mouth is. Sounds like he had a MONSTER night tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                        All you got to do is use your instincts. How do you think a lion knows to tackle a gazelle? It's written, it's a code written in his DNA, says, "tackle the gazelle." And believe it or not, in every man there's a code written that says, "tackle drunk bitches."

-- Jay: [to Andy, in a bar] The 40 year old virgin
                        LOL, I needed that tonight!
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                        X